Ohio State Game....What Did We Learn?

Hayseed

I am willing to bet good money that if Urban A$$wipe Meyers had the husker team today and Mike Rainbow Riley had the Ohio State squad. Urban would have stuck it to Riley with a similar score. MR can be handed the Alabama squad and he will find a way to turn them into Oregon State. That is his superpower. And that is why we pay him millions. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

I learned that the Mike Riley era at Nebraska ended tonight.

After tonight he will have lost the majority of the fan base, and more than likely, probably a portion of the team.

The team seems to have been lost at halftime last week. 

Anyone else notice they were almost asleep during the tunnel walk?

Toast

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Mike Riley is 18-15 (.545) at Nebraska

I'm going to throw myself under the bus.

Watching Bo stumble to 9 wins every year, I thought anyone could do it.  How the hell did this happen?  How did we end up with this guy.

this program hasn't had a guy that is both an Xs and Os and a leader at the helm in a long long time.  I'm excited for the future because I think this thing can be turned around.

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Watching Bo stumble to 9 wins every year, I thought anyone could do it.  How the hell did this happen?  How did we end up with this guy.

this program hasn't had a guy that is both an Xs and Os and a leader at the helm in a long long time.  I'm excited for the future because I think this thing can be turned around.

+1 for admitting it.  There was a significant portion of people on here who felt the same way.  But almost no one would admit that now.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

There is one thing I was happy about tonight.  We didn't look scared.  Last year against OSU, our boys came out of the tunnel with pee running down their legs.  This year, much better in that department.  Otherwise, we were whipped as expected.  Tons of missed tackles.  Guys who couldn't cover my mother.  We're not very good.

I was at the game, I don't think they were scared, they had accepted defeat. Not to mention, the energy during the tunnel walk was lacking and the players didn't look near as pumped as usual. Imho, of course.

20 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Hey, I too thought any monkey with a clipboard could win 9 games per year in the B1G West division. I was wrong. Guess I didn’t account for the non con juggernauts of NIU, Arky State and the like. I still don’t want Bo’s 9 wins though, but I also don’t want Riley’s 8 losses. I’ve amended my thinking a bit, any halfway capable monkey with a clipboard should be able to win 9 games here. If they botch this next hire I am done. I will seek psychiatric help if required and be done. So sick of this s#!t. There is no reason at all with the support and resources Nebraska has. None.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

+1 for admitting it.  There was a significant portion of people on here who felt the same way.  But almost no one would admit that now.

I was wrong about Bo, but I was adamant even back in the day that Callahan was bad for the Huskers(I believe I had another username back then though).  I did not mind Bo being fired, he had done passed his expiration date by a year when it happened.  I did not like the Riley hire at all, and now where we are.  I don't know if Frost is our answer, but I will accept damn near anything that at least gives our team a pulse at this point.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ebohnart said:

What other kinds of defenses are there? Wouldn't this just mean they're bad at defense?

Well some are good at one or the other or both. I think he was highlighting that ours are good at neither. But yeah, they’re bad at defense covers it too.

2 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Hey, I too thought any monkey with a clipboard could win 9 games per year in the B1G West division. I was wrong. Guess I didn’t account for the non con juggernauts of NIU, Arky State and the like. I still don’t want Bo’s 9 wins though, but I also don’t want Riley’s 8 losses. I’ve amended my thinking a bit, any halfway capable monkey with a clipboard should be able to win 9 games here. If they botch this next hire I am done. I will seek psychiatric help if required and be done. So sick of this s#!t. There is no reason at all with the support and resources Nebraska has. None.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Bo either. He had to go.

Riley has basically sunk the Titanic.

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

Well some are good at one or the other or both. I think he was highlighting that ours are good at neither. But yeah, they’re bad at defense covers it too.

I was just being cheeky cause it's how I cope with overwhelming disappointment and sadness. Lol 

I learned that thinking Riley deserves one more year is so dumb.  This was bad, inexcusable, and program killing.  Things need to change, starting with a home run AD hire.  We cannot swing and miss with this AD opening.

Front lines are so far away from being average that it will take 3-4 recruiting classes to even begin to fix it.

Recieving group outside of JD is playing so bad that Grant Mulkey and Wilson Thomas are laughing.

• Plus1 3