** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Three years of 10-3 would be nice.  However, it looks different i those 3 losses every year were to Iowa, Wisconsin and our top cross division game.

10-3 and not winning anything is very similar to 9/10-4 and not winning anything.  And we fired a coach for the latter. (Among other things)

42 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

How many division, conference, or national championships has Harbaugh coached in since coming to Michigan?  Same number as Mike Riley.  We only care about 10-3 because it's better than 4-8 or whatever we end up with.

Plus you can't dissect the parallel by division.  The parallel is 10-3 with 3rd place finishes in 3 straight years.  So the answer is no.  I do not want that parallel.  I want better.

You can dissect the parallel any way you want lol. There aren't any rules about, "You must only imagine this hypothetical scenario in the way that I have told you is okay." That's fine that you want better, but also be prepared to be disappointed.

Just as an interesting side note, Osborne's first four years he finished T-2nd, T-2nd, T-1st, T-4th in the conference. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also for those who say "who has frost beaten" "they are playing a bunch of nobodies" 

To those comments I have "who is UCF"? He is obliterating "like" competition. If he was at Texas pounding these teams no one would be impressed. But he took over a similiar program to what he is competing against and has them playing at a high level. 

Said something similar earlier. Comparing apples to apples, he is winning and doing it well.  2 years removed from a team going 0-12.....Look how we are doing (apples to apples) in year 3 after going 9-3......and 9-10 wins for 7 seasons before Riley took over....UCF wouldnt lose to NIU....

For me, it's more than the wins. It's how he is wining.  The guys play smart, sound football.  Good technique and fundamentals on both sides of the ball.  The play, as he says, fast (O) and fierce (D).......Just a well coached team.  I think you see in Frost, a guy who actually develops and improves the kids he has...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You can dissect the parallel any way you want lol. There aren't any rules about, "You must only imagine this hypothetical scenario in the way that I have told you is okay." That's fine that you want better, but also be prepared to be disappointed.

Just as an interesting side note, Osborne's first four years he finished T-2nd, T-2nd, T-1st, T-4th in the conference. 

How dare you ever talk about osborne in such a way. From now on only mention national titles, conference titles and thing that went well. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

10-3 and not winning anything is very similar to 9/10-4 and not winning anything.  And we fired a coach for the latter. (Among other things)

We fired a coach after seven years for going 9/10-4, not winning anything, routinely getting blown out on the big stage, poor recruiting results, being a raging insufferable jackass, and not being any closer to winning a championship after year seven as we were after year one. 

Nobody was talking about firing Bo Pelini after year 3. Some of us were pretty frustrated with the Washington Holiday Bowl fiasco, but kind of understood it because of Taylor's foot and the Big XII screwing us. There was still plenty of optimism and feeling good about the program having progressed every year and being right on the cusp after year 3 of having not yet won anything. Further, no Michigan people are really talking about hiring Harbaugh. Further still, Harbaugh and Pelini's performances were quite different. But sure, reduce everything to the numbers in the W-L columns if it helps you feel better about whatever it is you're trying to do - s#!t on Harbaugh? Make Frost start with unreasonable expectations? 

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If you can put whatever variables you want in there, then they aren't parallel.  

And I've been disappointed in Husker football for over half your life.  So it's nothing new to me.

Finishing second in conference today means you played for the conference championship.  Which means you won the division.  So I'm not sure how that relates to Osborne in the 70's.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We fired a coach after seven years for going 9/10-4, not winning anything, routinely getting blown out on the big stage, poor recruiting results, being a raging insufferable jackass, and not being any closer to winning a championship after year seven as we were after year one. 

Nobody was talking about firing Bo Pelini after year 3. Some of us were pretty frustrated with the Washington Holiday Bowl fiasco, but kind of understood it because of Taylor's foot and the Big XII screwing us. There was still plenty of optimism and feeling good about the program having progressed every year and being right on the cusp after year 3 of having not yet won anything. Further, no Michigan people are really talking about hiring Harbaugh. Further still, Harbaugh and Pelini's performances were quite different. But sure, reduce everything to the numbers in the W-L columns if it helps you feel better about whatever it is you're trying to do - s#!t on Harbaugh? Make Frost start with unreasonable expectations? 

I hate to break this to you.  But it is ONLY about the W-L column.  Nothing else matters in collegiate/professional sports.

Last week Kelly news broke out for UF. Here we are on late Friday afternoon and he still hasn't been hired. It doesn't take this long to vet, write contract, and hire if there were not other issues outstanding. I'm not buying this "vetting assistants" stuff Florida fans are pushing. I bet there is internal fighting and someone is winning to prevent this from being done already. 

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Last week Kelly news broke out for UF. Here we are on late Friday afternoon and he still hasn't been hired. It doesn't take this long to vet, write contract, and hire if there were not other issues outstanding. I'm not buying this "vetting assistants" stuff Florida fans are pushing. I bet there is internal fighting and someone is winning to prevent this from being done already. 

So you were wrong about something?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I am with you. The advantage of kelly is he is not tied to a team right now so you could bring him in right away. They are pissing that advantage down their leg at this point.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I hate to break this to you.  But it is ONLY about the W-L column.  Nothing else matters in collegiate/professional sports.

Agree.  Been a fan a long time.  If we are going to start measuring success by saying "we didn't get blown out this year" or we only lost 3, but they were all close", we are done as contenders and don't understand what it takes to get back.

TO going for 2 should prove this more than anything.  It's about winning......

I don't think you'll ever hear Saban say something about a moral victory.  Or Urban.....Watching him get pi$$ed when they were beating us down when the got a penalty told me all I needed to know about W-L and with that guy or any truly successful coach.  

• Plus1 2