** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I am one of the Nebraska people that loves the weather. 4 different seasons, different activities to enjoy in the different seasons. Something neat about a white Christmas- I couldn't imagine living somewhere it's 70 outside at Christmas. Pheasant hunting. I could go on and on about what's nice about Nebraska. Just because we don't have Disney world means we are bored. Also people are nice here, safe here. Low crime. I believe a report came out the omaha area is #1 best place to raise s family in entire country 

• Plus1 1

So I was reading the Gator boards last night. Someone there posted why there may be reasons Florida had not hired Chip Kelly yet, as if he were the next head coach of the Gators wouldn't they have named him already? One of the thought this poster made was Chip Kelly was forcing the hand of other schools to make moves, one of those schools being UCLA. Kelly made it look like he was close to a deal with Florida so a school like UCLA started to fire their coach and create a more appealing opening to him. I could see Chip Kelly to UCLA way more than I could seeing him at Florida. Easier conference, less pressure, excellent recruiting grounds. Interesting stuff.

With that said, if Chip goes to UCLA, expect angry Gators to go hard at Frost. Think about it, they will need to save face, they would have excited their fan base up with Frost, then they learn they may not get Frost so they spin it that they are looking and close to a deal with Chip Kelly, get the fan base even more excited and fired up, only to get schooled by Chip, his agent, and UCLA. Gators will be aiming for Frost to try and keep the excitement going in Gainesville.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Frost’s system and recruiting ties are perfect in the Pac12. Chip to UCLA makes sense too, but he doesn’t have to be their only target. That’s an incredible job. Mora won 4 games last year and still pulled in two 5-stars and four 4-stars.

Hope Darnay’s Dad is still happy with his choice.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Wishful thinking. I think things are starting to really heat up with Florida, UCF, and now the possibility UCLA is on the table, and Texas AM considering firing Sumlin and wanting Jimbo Fisher?

Just think things are heating up really fast and maybe so much movement that more cards are in play here and we do the most Nebraska thing ever and somehow miss out on Frost.

Thanks,

Welp. Buckle up guys, this just got a whole lot more interesting.

They aren't missing out on Frost since it has been in the works already. Moos is working to land the coach before he fires Riley. Same thing he did at Washington State. 

Just now, jessica0 said:

They aren't missing out on Frost since it has been in the works already. Moos is working to land the coach before he fires Riley. Same thing he did at Washington State. 

I sure hope you are right. Because as if things weren't already tense, it just got turned up a notch.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So I was reading the Gator boards last night. Someone there posted why there may be reasons Florida had not hired Chip Kelly yet, as if he were the next head coach of the Gators wouldn't they have named him already? One of the thought this poster made was Chip Kelly was forcing the hand of other schools to make moves, one of those schools being UCLA. Kelly made it look like he was close to a deal with Florida so a school like UCLA started to fire their coach and create a more appealing opening to him. I could see Chip Kelly to UCLA way more than I could seeing him at Florida. Easier conference, less pressure, excellent recruiting grounds. Interesting stuff.

With that said, if Chip goes to UCLA, expect angry Gators to go hard at Frost. Think about it, they will need to save face, they would have excited their fan base up with Frost, then they learn they may not get Frost so they spin it that they are looking and close to a deal with Chip Kelly, get the fan base even more excited and fired up, only to get schooled by Chip, his agent, and UCLA. Gators will be aiming for Frost to try and keep the excitement going in Gainesville.

Angry UF fans is what I was talking about last week if they didn't finish the deal with Chip. I see Chip going to UCLA now that the job is open. He knows the region, recruits are right there in his backyard, he doesn't have the SEC/UF pressure on his back every week, good weather, and he dominated the conference already. UF should be very, very nervous. 

• Plus1 2

If you were wondering whether we are in silly season, you haven't read this article...

Nebraska's Considering Hiring at Triple Option Head Coach... from SB Nation.

Among the highlights (silliness)...

- "Florida wants Frost but is concerned about his ability to bring in a staff of SEC recruiters". Okay, seriously? They really want him but don't think he could round up enough guys to recruit in the SEC? I thought you didn't have to leave the state of Florida to recruit a great team? First Frost was their top choice. Then, he was passed over because of Kelly. Now he's not good enough because he can't recruit the territory? If you didn't believe the rumor that Frost told Florida he wasn't interested, this should confirm it for you. Oh yeah, and if Florida can't get Frost, they are likely to go after the USF Coach, Charlie Strong, that was kicked out of Texas last year. 

- "There is a strong level of interest in Taggert (Oregon's HC) at multiple SEC schools... If the choice arose, Frost might prefer Oregon, where he used to be offensive coordinator, to Nebraska".  Let me get this right. Taggart, a coach that has been well received and successful at Oregon, is going to leave after one year for any old SEC school.. AND, if he does, Frost MIGHT be interested in going to Oregon instead of being the HC at Nebraska (the job he said was his dream while he was at Oregon). Taggart has been recruiting his tail off for Oregon and their young QB, Herbert, played great in his return after injury last night. Yet somehow, Taggart is homesick for anyplace in the SEC?

- "Nebraska is also considering coaches who run the triple-option, flexbone offense, specifically Ken Niumatalolo. Sources indicate that if Nebraska approached Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson, he would recommend Niumatalolo or Army's Jeff Monken, both his former assistants". READ THAT AGAIN. They actually indicated who Paul Johnson would recommed "if" he happened to be approached by Nebraska. Yep, mind blowing. 

Stay patient Husker fans. All of this will blow over, but we're going to have to endure crap like this in the meantime.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I can say that the fans here are starting to convert me to being a Nebraska fan. Depending on what happens with Frost, I'll be rooting for y'all in the future. There is an abnormally high percentage of level-headed fans and welcoming fans here. Is that Nebraska as a state, Cornhusker nation, the midwest in general, or this board (like, you keep the crazies on the rivals board)?

Not sure if you post on a UCF board, but you can tell them the majority of NU fans are not trolls.. it is absolutely stupid to join another board for the sole purpose of flaming/trolling. I went over to this site and had to sign up just to say Sorry for the idiots...

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/forums/ucf-fan-forum.8/

Just now, jessica0 said:

Angry UF fans is what I was talking about last week if they didn't finish the deal with Chip. I see Chip going to UCLA now that the job is open. He knows the region, recruits are right there in his backyard, he doesn't have the SEC/UF pressure on his back every week, good weather, and he dominated the conference already. UF should be very, very nervous. 

Now I may just be spiraling out here, but Chip Kelly to UCLA, Florida goes after Willie Taggart, opening Oregon and Frost to Oregon.......?

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Oade said:

UCLA is the school that scares me most, outside of Frost staying at UCF for another year or two.... CUCLA is cose enough to his wife's family to justify moving, has good recruiting grounds, iconic (although awful) stadium, and is in a familiar conference to him.

Major buzz already brewing about Chip to UCLA. 

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Now I may just be spiraling out here, but Chip Kelly to UCLA, Florida goes after Willie Taggart, opening Oregon and Frost to Oregon.......?

He said no to Oregon last year. 

Taggart and Strong will become names for the UF job if Chip goes to UCLA. If the FSU job opens with JImbo going to A&M, that is going to generate some interesting buzz. Arkansas will be after the Auburn head coach.