** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

I can say that the fans here are starting to convert me to being a Nebraska fan. Depending on what happens with Frost, I'll be rooting for y'all in the future. There is an abnormally high percentage of level-headed fans and welcoming fans here. Is that Nebraska as a state, Cornhusker nation, the midwest in general, or this board (like, you keep the crazies on the rivals board)?

It's most of the Midwest to be honest

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

These new articles to me look like UNL telling some media buddies hey we need some non frost dialogue to get all the focus off frost so we can finish this deal and he can finish his season 

Wishful thinking. I think things are starting to really heat up with Florida, UCF, and now the possibility UCLA is on the table, and Texas AM considering firing Sumlin and wanting Jimbo Fisher?

Just think things are heating up really fast and maybe so much movement that more cards are in play here and we do the most Nebraska thing ever and somehow miss out on Frost.

1 minute ago, Caliborn72 said:

Thanks,

Welp. Buckle up guys, this just got a whole lot more interesting.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

When everyone says its hard to recruit to Nebraska, then explain to me Wisconsin. Not only are they isolated in cold northern middle America, but their admissions into the school are difficult and they don't pay their assistants any money.

they don’t recruit well (per rankings) 

They recruit well to their system. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I can say that the fans here are starting to convert me to being a Nebraska fan. Depending on what happens with Frost, I'll be rooting for y'all in the future. There is an abnormally high percentage of level-headed fans and welcoming fans here. Is that Nebraska as a state, Cornhusker nation, the midwest in general, or this board (like, you keep the crazies on the rivals board)?

I love the Huskers and have since I can remember.  I'm such a fan, in fact, that I'd be willing to trade state of residence with Scott Frost so that Florida doesn't experience a population drop if he come here. 

PS...I HATE winter in Nebraska....  :-)

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Wishful thinking. I think things are starting to really heat up with Florida, UCF, and now the possibility UCLA is on the table, and Texas AM considering firing Sumlin and wanting Jimbo Fisher?

Just think things are heating up really fast and maybe so much movement that more cards are in play here and we do the most Nebraska thing ever and somehow miss out on Frost.

That's the name of the game in times like this, speculate and cross our fingers 

6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't see anywhere about UCLA firing Mora so I don't think that is official yet? Likely he is fired after the season, which means Florida should hurry and name Kelly as head coach because UCLA would be a great fit for him.

Mora fired according to ESPN.

22 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Sharp and Benning continued to say last night that they thought that Nebraska would be the one to break the story on the new head coach very similar to the way the AD hire took place. In other words, they continue to believe it is going to be no one is talking about right now.

Oh Benning........

I sure hope Moos knows what he is doing, or what he did. Because we are entering the most important coaching search in the programs history and we are going after one of the hottest named coaches this season, and we are competing with UCLA, Tennessee, Florida, and possibly Texas AM.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Probably a long shot, but if you ever in your life get a chance, hit up a Nebraska home game.  We're almost sickeningly nice (in person). 

• Plus1 2

UCLA is the school that scares me most, outside of Frost staying at UCF for another year or two.... CUCLA is cose enough to his wife's family to justify moving, has good recruiting grounds, iconic (although awful) stadium, and is in a familiar conference to him.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Mora out at UCLA. That’s a school that scares me more than Florida in the Frost sweepstakes.

No, but it should make UF nervous as a person could get. That job is going to be one that Chip takes a serious look at. That is why people were saying it was dumb for UF not to close the deal last week.