** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

33 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

This guy  has a podcast posted today (AAC Daily) with the opinion/wishful thinking that Frost is staying in Orlando with UCF:
http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-aac-daily-is-scott-frost-staying-in-orlando-with-ucf.html

The interview is with "UCF Knightline's Andrew Phegley" (LinkedIn page here)

Neither of these guys sound like big time sources. Just entrepreneurs trying to get attention. Time will tell if their "compelling reasons" for SF to stay are truly compelling.

Ok, first off don't listen to this if you get mad easily. Second, I listened to the SF bit and didn't hear a "compelling" reason that SF stays. Basically they say that UCF will give him a $5 mill offer and Andrew Phegley thinks that SF wants to see his first recruiting class through at a minimum. Also, they bring up him having integrity and say that because NU fans booed in 97 (which Frost has forgiven long ago) and other lame reasons that he's not that high on the NU coaching job. You know because it's not like he has stated it's his dream job in 2012 or anything... Thought these guys might have one good reason, but next to nothing.

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think every rumor is already on the streets. I wonder what an emergency team meeting would be needed for. 

They are aware that there are only 184 pages of greatness, posted in this thread:dunno, and wanted to give HB a boost.

Edited by TAKODA
Oops

Lets assume for a moment that a lot of people are correct in their predictions or "sources" who have said Scott Frost has given NU a verbal he agrees to the terms and will become the next head football coach of Nebraska. Now take into consideration we will more than likely wait an extra week after this friday so he can complete his conference title game. Given what everyone says about how honorable a guy frost is. I dont see anything UCF or anyone could offer him to break his word, especially if he has an agreement with his alma mater so we would naturally not be conducting a coaching search because we think we have him locked up. So he would be hurting his alma mater severly if there was any chance he would break his word. 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

I thought Scott already told them 'No.'?

That is just some idiot reporter who knows nothing throwing out the obvious answer. Acting like Frost was not who they reached out to first.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Lets assume for a moment that a lot of people are correct in their predictions or "sources" who have said Scott Frost has given NU a verbal he agrees to the terms and will become the next head football coach of Nebraska. Now take into consideration we will more than likely wait an extra week after this friday so he can complete his conference title game. Given what everyone says about how honorable a guy frost is. I dont see anything UCF or anyone could offer him to break his word, especially if he has an agreement with his alma mater so we would naturally not be conducting a coaching search because we think we have him locked up. So he would be hurting his alma mater severly if there was any chance he would break his word. 

That's the whole thing about this:  Someone is going to get hurt.  He can't make everyone happy....

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Can’t see a flaw in your comment, should things be that far along. +1

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

So basically speculating that Frost may break his word with us?  And if he does, we are screwed?

No I do not think Frost would break his word. He loves this university and I do not see him stringing us along because it would be handicapping our chances of landing a head coach if he does not intend to come. Everyone is bartering deals under the table right. Now imagine 2 weeks from now and we are 3-4 weeks behind on all the other coaching candidates who have been speaking with Tennesse, UCLA, Florida behind closed doors.