Last 5 yrs, 115 jobs open, only 7 left a P5 school for a new school

jessica0

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Matt Campbell is actually the 3rd favorite on my gambling site to get the Husker job.  In all honesty I think he is an absolute stud of a coach and if the had played at NU I would say that fans would be split 50/50 between him and Frost.

Iowa St only averages 3.5 ypc, so that eliminates him right there. :P

His best two seasons (2015 Toledo and 2017 ISU), and they're major outliers with his rest, would be mid tier Bo Pelini seasons. Better than anything Mike Riley has done here, but not suggestive he'd get us over the hump. IMO, if you're not the guy who will get past the 9 win plateau then it's a waste of time. But then again I'm prepared to fire any coach after 3 years in pursuit of that goal, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

6 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Wittingham is Mormon. No way he leaves Utah. Niumatalo is also Mormon and turned down the BYU job and a chance to coach his 2 sons. Don't see that happening. Harsin was born in Boise and is an alum there. I don't see him leaving his home and that job security unless money plays a big factor.

Mormons are allowed to live in Nebraska too.  

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  3.5 ypc!  Ha

I just think he has "it" I don't know why but I think people will look back and view MC as a stud.  

He has Iowa St going in the right direction and that's nothing to sneeze at. Curious to look back at this post after Iowa St plays the trio of TCU, WVU, OSU in consecutive weeks.

• Plus1 1

I said when ISU hired Matt Campbell, they made an great hire. He has quickly changed the culture there and is heading in the right direction. He puts emphasis in the weight room - he said he couldn't believe this roster was a B12 team when he showed up as they were weaker than his previous at Toledo. He also has good ties to Ohio since that is where he is from. Not my first choice, but wouldn't be terrible. 

1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

Why were some listed like a Campbell or a Harsin and not someone like a Bohl or Calhoun?  Is that list your preference? 

I didn't list all of the names. That wasn't the goal of what I was doing. Just showing how the data works for a list.

Just in the B1G West there is Bhrom and PJ Fleck that would fit the data. The rest of the B1G West doesn't fit what the data shows. 

• Plus1 1

The Iowa State head coach is really young. He is from Ohio so I don't see him running off to the SEC at the first chance available. 

2011 Toledo 1–0 0–0   W Military    
2012 Toledo 9–4 6–2 T–2nd (West) L Famous Idaho Potato    
2013 Toledo 7–5 5–3 T–3rd (West)      
2014 Toledo 9–4 7–1 T–1st (West) W GoDaddy    
2015 Toledo 9–2 6–2 T–1st (West) Boca Raton*    
Toledo: 35–15 24–8 * Departed Toledo for Iowa State before bowl game
Iowa State Cyclones (Big 12 Conference) (2016–present)
2016 Iowa State 3–9 2–7 9th      
2017 Iowa State 4–2 2–1        
Iowa State: 7–11 4–8  
Total: 42–26

Lot of good coaching names in this list. 

I want Frost to come back and try to turn this mess around. Doesn't mean he will, but I hope he does consider it.

I think we need someone with ties to the state or the program, couldn't hurt. 

I remember when Meyer was offered the job and he said he would have to have an out, if the Notre Dame job opened up. I/m he would have jumped ship if the OSU job opened,  as well. Having to hire Gill was also a non selling point with him.

Can we get a coach that won't see us as a stepping stone back to their alma mater. Aren't we using that as a selling point if we go after Frost.

T O had chances to leave, do any of us think that the ties to the state helped keep him here. 

I have no clue who Moos will hire, Just hope it works out whoever it is.

GBR!!!

10 hours ago, jessica0 said:

..... I'm pointing out how rare and unrealistic it is to expect an AD to poach another P5 coach from a higher level P5 school....

Hey, I like where you are going with this thread.  You started with some solid statistical analysis to make this point.....

But you are missing something.  There are lots of threads and posts with "wishlists".  I want to see a list of P5 coaches you think are being mentioned that are UNrealistic.

5 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Hey, I like where you are going with this thread.  You started with some solid statistical analysis to make this point.....

But you are missing something.  There are lots of threads and posts with "wishlists".  I want to see a list of P5 coaches you think are being mentioned that are UNrealistic.

I can start that.

Chris Petersen is unrealistic.

Bob stoops is too.

Chip Kelly is also.