CALIBRASKA CONNECTION

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't get the sh!tting on all CA players and/or recruiting of CA players.  We have got a lot of good CA players going back a long ways.

A pipeline to any recruiting hotbed is a good thing, be it CA, TX, FL or OH.

And looking at Mav's chart of CA players, they seem to turn out at about the same rate as all of our other recruits.

It's a reflex; people are s***ing on Riley, and he's built his recruiting on California kids. Ergo, s*** rolls downhill. 

41 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I agree, but I think it is easier to poach top Cali kids than top FL and TX kids.  The football pride in those states is very high and the local teams are hard to beat.   

I would agree with getting the top guys, but more depth in the other two states. I still think that we need to be the state of Missouri's #1 recruiting team. St. Louis is loaded with talent year after year, KC with good players too ....and MO sucks at football right now without Pinkel. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Dewiz said:

Kids need to start committing to the school rather than the coaches. Coaches come and go, just the way it is now.

When you're dealing with a kid that is potentially good enough to make millions of dollars in the NFL someday if his talent gets developed properly, it is absolutely potentially about the coaches.

We at Nebraska want it to be the way you phrased it, because this is Nebraska, damn it. But it just really isn't reality.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I would agree with getting the top guys, but more depth in the other two states. I still think that we need to be the state of Missouri's #1 recruiting team. St. Louis is loaded with talent year after year, KC with good players too ....and MO sucks at football right now without Pinkel. 

I agree but we aren't winning enough to get the top talent from Missouri right now.  Missouri doenst have a lot of upper tier recruits and the top talent is going to Ohio st, Texas, and OU.  We do pretty well in KC but have struggled to win the top kids in St. Louis. 

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

While I don't think players from any area are better/tougher than any others...I also don't think some 15 year old starting his 10th grade season is worried about if some old man he doesn't know is getting canned or not...I am sure he is more worried about school, sports, friends, girls, parties, driving, girls, sports, music, girls, friends, parties, clothes, girls, friends, girls, movies, sports, girls, working out, girls, family, school, girls, food, sports, girls, food, food, food, girls, sports, netflix, snapchat, texting, snapchat, girls, texting...you get the idea.

You don't to the bolded?  Heck, I noticed this locally back 25 years ago.  We had an area school that won a couple of state championships even though they had a loss each year.  For whatever reason, they scheduled a team from KS that just absolutely drilled them.  Back then, the local KS schools played exceptionally more physical football than us NE schools.  There's more than one way to win football games.  I've seen finesse teams win a lot of games and state championships.    

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't get the sh!tting on all CA players and/or recruiting of CA players.  We have got a lot of good CA players going back a long ways.

A pipeline to any recruiting hotbed is a good thing, be it CA, TX, FL or OH.

And looking at Mav's chart of CA players, they seem to turn out at about the same rate as all of our other recruits.

Nobody is pilling up on the Cali recruits like you claim. They just haven't yielded anything yet under the Riley era. Translation = hype not matched yet. Thus, some upset adults in California isn't going to have an impact. 

Grim flaked out many times. That DB last recruiting class didn't even make it to campus because he was lazy in the classroom. 

I am sorry to say this, but there is a reason why California football is labeled as soft. 

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

One positive of hiring Scott Frost is he will understand local recruiting a lot better than Riley has. Riley likes to talk a good game, but actions mean more and he has not made the 500 Mile Radius a priority. 

2015- 8 from 500 mile radius out of 21.  38%

2016- 10 from 500 mile radius out of 21.  48%

2017- 5 from 500 mile radius out of 18.  28%

2018 so far- 7 from 500 mile radius out of 11.  64%

30 out of 70.  43%.  He has made and is making the 500 mile radius a priority

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

2015- 8 from 500 mile radius out of 21.  38%

2016- 10 from 500 mile radius out of 21.  48%

2017- 5 from 500 mile radius out of 18.  28%

2018 so far- 7 from 500 mile radius out of 11.  64%

30 out of 70.  43%.  He has made and is making the 500 mile radius a priority

So you are saying if we signed 100% all 3 low stars for the entire class and they were all from within 500 miles that was making the 500 mile radius a priority. Good to know. The reality is, no, he has not made it a priority. There are a lot of studs within this radius that did not go to Nebraska that could have if they had more focus on them. One shining example is that 8 man football stud out of Kansas. 

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

So you are saying if we signed 100% all 3 low stars for the entire class and they were all from within 500 miles that was making the 500 mile radius a priority. Good to know. The reality is, no, he has not made it a priority. There are a lot of studs within this radius that did not go to Nebraska that could have if they had more focus on them. One shining example is that 8 man football stud out of Kansas. 

*Signs nearly half of his recruits from the 500 mile radius*

raw

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Which “stud” from Kansas are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

uOL5JeG.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

*Signs nearly half of his recruits from the 500 mile radius*

raw

Just listing numbers is misleading. If they are all lower level then it is a poor job. There was a lot of talent that could have been had but they didn't bother to even recruit some of them. They have been too fixated on this dumb Calibraska crap. 

• Mavric locked this topic