CALIBRASKA CONNECTION

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Just listing numbers is misleading. If they are all lower level then it is a poor job. There was a lot of talent that could have been had but they didn't bother to even recruit some of them. They have been too fixated on this dumb Calibraska crap. 

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

28 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Nobody is pilling up on the Cali recruits like you claim. They just haven't yielded anything yet under the Riley era. Translation = hype not matched yet. Thus, some upset adults in California isn't going to have an impact. 

Grim flaked out many times. That DB last recruiting class didn't even make it to campus because he was lazy in the classroom. 

I am sorry to say this, but there is a reason why California football is labeled as soft. 

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

That DB last recruiting class didn't even make it to campus because he was lazy in the classroom.

I assume you mean Elijah Blades. The thing is, he could have made it to campus - he was offered a partial qualifier, but apparently decided that he'd rather play at a juco.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/7/18/15988428/elijah-blades-nebraska-huskers-football-recruiting-arizona-western-junior-college

This whole argument is dumb and circular.  It is inherently difficult to definitively quantify talent, toughness, recruiting acumen and success, etc.  You can make arguments either way with data, but in the end it doesn't mean much.

I think Riley and company have put a lot of time, money and effort into recruiting, and have had some moderate success.  At some point that needs to translate to the field, and it doesn't seem to be happening.  So either the recruiting or coaching isn't working quite well enough.  I tend to think its the coaching.

You have to have BOTH to succeed at Nebraska.  Every coaching change severs recruiting ties.  There's going to be collateral damage.

13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

2015--Got the #1 and #2 player out of Colorado, #1 and #2 out of Nebraska, #2 out of Kansas, #4 and #6 out of Missouri, #2 out of Oklahoma

2016-- #1 from Iowa, #1 from SD, #9 from Illinois, #3 from Minnesota, #7 and 8 from Missouri, #2 and #4 from Colorado, #3 and #8 from Nebraska

2017-- #3 from Missouri, #7 from Oklahoma, #1 and #2 and #3 from Nebraska.  This doesn't include Broc Bando who is from Nebraska but was playing in Florida

2018-- #1 and #3 from Nebraska, #5 and #6 from Missouri, #2 from Colorado, #2 from Minnesota, #1 from SD

So it looks to me that within the 500 mile radius their 43% of commits are all top 9 in their state.  Seems like a good haul.

Care to qualify it again?

Edited by StPaulHusker
  • Plus1 6

Cali has A LOT of talent; especially at those big time private schools.

Problem is; those O-lineman/front-7 boys that are nearly ready to play coming out of college are going to USC, ND, or even UCLA; not Neb.

Riley, no matter how good of a recruiter (and he's not even that good of a recruiter; this 'calibraska' ordeal has been overblown; he has stolen NO big Cali recruits from any of the major programs imho.) is never going to steal those recruits from the big time programs who have established a pipeline to those H.School programs.

15 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Yeah, all of those amazing Calibraska recruits that have yielded basically nothing on the field yet. Guess where the productive WR is from? The Upper Midwest - Eden Prairie High School. 

But I thought there were no kids in the B1G footprint worth getting unless tOSU or Michigan recruits them?

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

85 is mid. 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he had zero interest in Nebraska?  I know it’s hard to imagine that not every low to mid three star is busting the door down to come here.

38 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Just listing numbers is misleading. If they are all lower level then it is a poor job. There was a lot of talent that could have been had but they didn't bother to even recruit some of them. They have been too fixated on this dumb Calibraska crap. 

Commits from California:  

2015:  2

2016:  4

2017:  3

2018:  1

11 out of 70

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Commits from California:  

2015:  2

2016:  4

2017:  3

2018:  1

11 out of 70

/thread, great research.

I understand why we have this thread, but the content is of the stuff you'd expect in the offseason when there's nothing to talk about. It's pretty insane argue on and on about the "toughness and quality of California recruits." As far as drawing any conclusions about recruiting and a team's performance, all we can really do in my opinion is to look at any given coach's recruiting rankings, look at the output of the product on the field, and draw potential conclusions about correlations between the two.

But speculating on the quality of the recruit based on where they're from is borderline ridiculous. To such a ridiculous extent that I'd almost say "jessica" is trolling here. I can't imagine anyone actually buying into that concept, seriously.

• Mavric locked this topic