CALIBRASKA CONNECTION

The positives are we have better recruiting classes to build depth with. Did you look at our 2 deep depth chart we have very little from our juniors and seniors classes.

I agree the program is nowhere near where it should be but I also think the program was a lot worse off in the underclassmen when Pelini  was fired. 

I really believe last 5 games if you don't see progressed then I would be concerned. The Wisconsin game we played 3 quarters with them but the depth on Dline killed us in 4th quarter.The Ohio St. game we just don't have the talent to play with them yet . That's just being real. 

I would be disappointed if this was next year and this is where we are.

Lamar Jackson is playing horrible but if other guys were healthy I don't think he would be playing as much.

Frost is a good coach would probably be a great hire.But I also think Riley doesn't deserve the criticism that he's getting for the teams performance. The only game we should of one we didn't win that we should of is Northern Illinois.

I think next 5 games will tell more than last 2.

7 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

The positives are we have better recruiting classes to build depth with. Did you look at our 2 deep depth chart we have very little from our juniors and seniors classes.

I agree the program is nowhere near where it should be but I also think the program was a lot worse off in the underclassmen when Pelini  was fired. 

I really believe last 5 games if you don't see progressed then I would be concerned. The Wisconsin game we played 3 quarters with them but the depth on Dline killed us in 4th quarter.The Ohio St. game we just don't have the talent to play with them yet . That's just being real. 

I would be disappointed if this was next year and this is where we are.

Lamar Jackson is playing horrible but if other guys were healthy I don't think he would be playing as much.

Frost is a good coach would probably be a great hire.But I also think Riley doesn't deserve the criticism that he's getting for the teams performance. The only game we should of one we didn't win that we should of is Northern Illinois.

I think next 5 games will tell more than last 2.

Oh I got ya, we don't have the talent... I guess Iowa State must have comparable talent  with Oklahoma. I wonder what Texas' problem is, the longhorns seem to be loaded with talent, but, yet we don't see texas lighting up.

Edited by timmytbro
  • Plus1 5

I don't really blame him for being upset.  His kid thought he was getting into a certain situation and now that is likely to change.  Would be nice if more people would think ahead a little bit to how their comments are going to look but whatever.

California commits by class:

2017 - Gebbia, KJJ, Blades

2016 - Jackson, POB, Dismuke, Grim

2015 - Alston, Snyder

2014 - None

2013 - Newby, Stanton, Kondolo

2012 - TBrown, ZAnderson, CWhitaker

2011 - Stafford, Carter

2010 - Enunwa, Mitchell

2009 - DWashington, Martinez, Martin, Middleton, Kerr, Gomes

2008 - Meredith, Toailoa, Hetzer

2007 - ZLee, AStafford, Helu

2006 - AJones, Purify, Nicks, Holt, SAllen, AWest, BJohnson, Culbert, Thenarse

2005 - Picou, Hickman, Dagunduro, Congdon, Spain, Picou, Wilson, Lucky

2004 - CThomas, Davis, McCray, Adams

2003 - DeLone

2002 - Smith

2001 - Guidry, Landingham

2000 - Marshall, BThomas, Collins

1999 - Waldrop, Henderson

Frank didn't have much luck in Cali.  Callahan got a lot of guys to sign but struck out a lot.  Bo got several contributes from there.  Riley has done a good job getting interest but so far there hasn't been much in the way of game-changers - though Gebbia might be the best.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, runningblind said:

I'd rather it dry up, the California kids have proven to be not as tough minded as Texas and Midwestern kids. I would rather get back to hitting those aread hard, and then some coastal speed, particularly from FL and the N. East.

The mindset is what is missing here, you haven't arrived already, you need to want to work to play.

That strikes me as funny considering the softest of west coast teams, UCLA, looked much more mentally tough than aTm in the opener.  They came back and beat aTm after being down to by 500 at the half.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

Oh I got ya, we don't have the talent... I guess Iowa State must have comparable talent  with Oklahoma. I wonder what Texas' problem is, the longhorns seem to be loaded with talent, but, yet we don't see texas lighting up.

So Iowa St. gets 1 big win and now their the measuring stick well see after this weekend. If I'm not mistaken didn't Riley beat Michigan St. the year they played for the bowl championship series. 

25 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

So Iowa St. gets 1 big win and now their the measuring stick well see after this weekend. If I'm not mistaken didn't Riley beat Michigan St. the year they played for the bowl championship series. 

LOL no that wasn't my point, but I would argue that Nebraska usually has more talent on its teams than Michigan State.  Football is not just based on talent, talent can only take you so far, it is heart and determination that propels the talent to championship levels.

Example I would say that the Washington Capitols hockey team is as talented as the Pittsburgh Penguins, yet Pittsburgh always finds a way to win the Stanley cup. Why? I believe that Sidney Crosby is a natural leader and he knows how to win.  My point is, every team has talent,  shoot our 97 championship team starters mostly comprised f in state players. Heart and determination can accomplish great things.

Edited by timmytbro
39 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

I really believe last 5 games if you don't see progressed then I would be concerned.

Outside of QB and LB, I disagree. Even then the depth at QB has me concerned.

What do you think will change in the last 5 games? 

• Plus1 1
Just now, DrunkOffPunch said:

Outside of QB and LB, I disagree. Even then the depth at QB has me concerned.

What do you think will change in the last 5 games? 

I don't see anything changing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 07 type implosion to be honest. How cold you play defense for Nebraska and have confidence in Diaco? Shoot they make you play ten yards off the ball, and start people like Lamar Jackson who refuses to tackle. I just don't see anything changing, we might lose the remainder of our games.

What do think will change we're healthier than we've been all season. What has Purdue done played somebody close that's it. Everyone forget they lost to Rutgers so it's not like their good. I'm saying 27-14 Nebraska. Jones being back and having 2 more weeks of practice will help plus all 3 safeties back will help in passing game.If we lose to Purdue I'll agree Riley needs to be fired . I just bet on them I'm sure we'll beat them.

3 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't care about Calibraska, it is nothing more then some cute fun social media hashtag. It so far has provided zero substance.

I was sick of all of that Calibraska crap as soon as it started.  I could care less where the kids/recruits are from as long as they want to get after it.

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

I was sick of all of that Calibraska crap as soon as it started.  I could care less where the kids/recruits are from as long as they want to get after it.

Was just about to say the same.  It is a crap, make believe phrase and annoying as hell.  We should continue to recruit kids from California, Texas and where ever else we find kids that fit our needs.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Was just about to say the same.  It is a crap, make believe phrase and annoying as hell.  We should continue to recruit kids from California, Texas and where ever else we find kids that fit our needs.

Even in our own backyard too.  Also I have nothing against recruiting California players.  The whole saying just got old real fast is all.

• Mavric locked this topic