Schools making moves

YoteSker

Don't kid yourselves, Florida is a good job.  Spurrier is on the AD's staff in some respects and this job is relevant yet.  They are just few years removed from winning a title.  Frost in the backyard, yeah they are going after him big time.  They should.  He is doing well.

Imagine what athletes Frost could acquire at Florida.  Imagine that if your a fan of the guy and want to see him do well.  If this decision is out there, we are not a slam dunk.  

1 minute ago, BartonHusker said:

The Florida job will definitely test how badly does Frost really want to come back to Nebraska. 

Think what he is doing at Central Florida and now put him at Florida going about the same recruiting game plan? Pretty scary and maybe he finds "easier" to do than at Nebraska. 

Not aimed at you, but I don't think what is easier will be be deciding factor for Frost.  Dude was and is a competitor.

Just now, huskerfan69 said:

not sure frost is florida's first option. they went with a small school guy last time around, and it didn't work. i expect them to make a play for a more experienced coach. kelly/stoops.

Good call on Kelly.

You fire midseason in order to get your feelers out there and find that candiate.  I am not for it most of the time, but I think Florida knows who they want, and will have the money up front to make that hire.  I am sure its Frost, but there might be someone else out there as well(Chip Kelly).  Who Florida hires will impact who we want as well in some fashion.  SEC doesn't fool around with this stuff.  They fire and fire more and fire more, and then rehire.  This is why they win more games yearly and this is why they pay coaches well.  We might have money in our program, but I don't think we match what Florida has and is capable of.  There are no limits at Florida.  None.

Recruiting is so easy there.  Even Zook won games there and he couldn't coach at all.  

This is not about Nebraska at this point.  If Frost goes to the Gators, its about him and his career.  Could you blame him for looking at the big picture here?  I truly think that Chip Kelly would be #1, but Frost is #2 for sure.  Who knows if that would work out for either one.  The thing is that Kelly could take some of Frost and his recruitin since they are similiar systems.  Would Frost come here and leave the state of FLorida for Kelly to recruit?  Florida hire will go along way in who we end up getting or who is available.  

Florida is the best job out there, even if were on the board, Florida is the best.

Texas A&M is going to follow next , and then Arkansas and then Tennessee.

I am guessing that by next weekend, or the week after, all of these jobs are open.  UCLA is close as well.

52 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

I was told by someone that has been a AD at the D-II level (a lot of FBS friends) that you don't do mid season firings not only because how it affects the kids but if you have a shot for a bowl game still, you want that extra time for player development. 

You can fire the head coach at the end of the regular season and have someone on staff be there interim head coach.  

If the players do not want to try during bowl prep due to their head coach being gone, it won't go unnoticed by athletic department staffers or others that may return on the next staff. 

At some schools like Florida or Tennessee, I don't think mid season firings is as much of a deal like some place like Nebraska where that player development is more needed. 

But is anyone on this staff going to develop players if we get the extra practices because of a bowl game? It may be better to keep the players away from these guys.

• Plus1 1

Ok.  Where do we rank in possible jobs that might be open?

Florida is the best in my opinion.

Where do we line up at.

1. Florida

2. Texas A&M

3. Nebraska

4.  UCLA

5.  Tennessee

6.  Arkansas

This is where I see us in the line up.  Most of these jobs are going to come available.  I think of those 6 were 3rd best job.  Add in some other schools like Ole Miss and maybe more I still think we are 3rd best.

16 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Oh he is definitely a competitor but it is no secret that recruiting as a whole is not his favorite thing to do. He does not hide the fact that he does love being able to drive to certain locales in Florida and be home that night with his family. He would mostly be able to do that at Florida but not Nebraska.

Frost couls still recruit at Nebraska and be home for dinner. Private jets are fast.

3 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

But is anyone on this staff going to develop players if we get the extra practices because of a bowl game? It may be better to keep the players away from these guys.

That is the fear with this staff but when it comes to bowl prep, it is the younger players that get a lot more attention.  Just a pure fact that they will be getting more reps is very important.

Edited by BartonHusker

Not only is Florida probably considered the best, they also have a jump on everyone now. Hope they don’t plunk 5/6 million in front of frost before we even have an opening. The meltdown here would be epic. If they offer, I have a hard time believing he would wait for us to counter. Hope things are already in motion, because they are at florida