So let's say Riley stays ...

NM11046

33 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

moos said 5 yrs we will be competing... you have said 3 yrs should be enough to turn the team around....???  make up your mind...

My mind never changed. There is HUGE difference in turning a program around to being competitive in all games and being dominant like Ohio state and bama. Do you see the distinction there is many levels between where we are and where they are. 3 years in with Riley we should not be 4-5, should not be losing to northern Illinois or be losing by 3 TDS in multiple games. Probably 2 more blowouts coming. Probably no bowl game

35 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

That’s the problem. The coordinators are the coaches and Riley is just a grandpa figure. 

It sure seems that way but my point was as long as we get a new coach I really don’t care what he does. Don’t dislike the guy but I sure don’t want him coaching here any longer.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My mind never changed. There is HUGE difference in turning a program around to being competitive in all games and being dominant like Ohio state and bama. Do you see the distinction there is many levels between where we are and where they are. 3 years in with Riley we should not be 4-5, should not be losing to northern Illinois or be losing by 3 TDS in multiple games. Probably 2 more blowouts coming. Probably no bowl game

obviously you are confusing me with moos.... I NEVER made that statement about Ohio and bama....  Maybe you should have this conversation with him and tell him how it should play out....LOL

38 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

I hope as well that Scott Frost heads home, but I also think (and have heard) that he wants to fulfill his obligations to UCF... which is 2021.  so I will say that he will stick around for 2 more years and then move on....  once again.... JMHO..

So what good would frost leaving in 2019 do? That would still be 2 years short of fulfilling his UCF obligation. Plus why risk what jobs are open in 2 years. Right now there is 2 awesome jobs open and both want him. Florida is great recruiting grounds the other his alma matter who he has said before is his dream job. 

Frost is a hot name right now, that doesn't come around often in a coaches career. You strike when the iron is hot. Frost would be taking an enormous risk to wait until 2021 to leave UCF and stay at essentially a mid major. What does he gain from that other then fulfilling his contract to UCF? By then, Inevitably he's had a few losses on his record, which will be seen as mid major losses, he won't be a hot commodity anymore and his name won't be on many openings. 

I think Frost is a great coach, I wanted him in 2013, but the longer he stays at a mid major, the greater risk his stock falls.

to keep this on topic of if Riley stays and not let it run into a frost thread, I'll say with next seasons schedule with Riley we go another 5-7 season and we are further into the hole. Also with Riley returning you won't see much excitement from the fan base this off season and into next year, because we all will figure the outcome of a 5-7 type season. The sell out streak will also be in great danger of ending,

Edited by BoneyardHusker
Add more to keep on topic
  • Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Its called compromising...  its called giving the school that gave you a chance at HC respect...  but hey, maybe that's just not your thing... I get it..!!

7 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Take comments out of context much..??  and not real sure what the "buy-out clause" would have to do with a guy that wants to stay at the school that gave him a shot at HC and not just disrespect them and leave them high and dry..

So you think all the head coaches in the past who accepted better jobs disrespected their 1st school? 

8 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Take comments out of context much..??  and not real sure what the "buy-out clause" would have to do with a guy that wants to stay at the school that gave him a shot at HC and not just disrespect them and leave them high and dry..

The schools and the football programs know that their coaches leave for other jobs ALL THE TIME.  It happens with head coaches, it happens with assistant coaches. Nobody is being left “high and dry”.  The coaching profession is much different than the average work place.