only way riley stays is this

7 hours ago, neepster said:

Nothing can save Riley at this point and frankly I’d be surprised if he ever coaches again anywhere.  

I heard his buyout is like $8M?!!!?  Is that true?  God I hope that is not true.  He’s not worth $80 more dollars.

He not only isn't worth the $8 million buy out, if he was as nice as everyone says he is and has a conscious, he should offer us a rebate for part of his 3 years of salary.

2 minutes ago, centrust said:

He not only isn't worth the $8 million buy out, if he was as nice as everyone says he is and has a conscious, he should offer us a rebate for part of his 3 years of salary.

Would you, because frankly im a nice guy but im not taking any s#!t less than what was promised to me.  That was my employers fault for giving me the money, i know we all want to think were better than the average dollar but.........most of us arent.

1 minute ago, MacNCheeze said:

Would you, because frankly im a nice guy but im not taking any s#!t less than what was promised to me.  That was my employers fault for giving me the money, i know we all want to think were better than the average dollar but.........most of us arent.

I was being sarcastic.   Obviously he won't voluntarily give back any of the money.  Although the Oregon State Coach (Anderson) that replaced Riley voluntarily resigned and did not take any severance or take the balance of his salary.

7 hours ago, Redux said:

Literally no staff changes at this point save his job.  Nothing short of somehow flipping enough top recruits and magically conjuring up the a #1 class would save him, even then...

It doesn't matter if they recruit well.  You could give this coaching staff an entire class of 5 start recruits and it wouldn't matter because this staff couldn't coach them how to tackle and block.  They simply aren't a staff up to the task.

7 hours ago, huskerman2018 said:

cans diaco on monday mark my words hes gone 

Riley isn't going to can Diaco.   Riley has been around this business long enough that he knows his days at Nebraska are over.  He isn't going to can his DC a 2nd year in a row, especially when he knows it would be a meaningless termination as Riley knows he would be 10 seconds right behind Diaco.  Not happening friend.

Diaco must be high to think his defensive philosophy can be successful.  Rush 3, drop 7 and get picked apart or run through.  When your linebackers are running backwards, that opens plenty of space for the opponents running backs.

I played in a golf tournament this morning.  Thank God I didn't see this trainwreck, but I did see the stats and I can imagine how this game went

No wonder Diaco's philosophy isn't working.  I watched Ohio State yesterday, I watched Wisconsin, I watched Alabama, I watched Miami and one thing I noticed is that they all played defense with 11 guys.  How long till Bobby D works that last guy in to defense?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We only owe him 6.6 million if we can him! That is not nearly as much as I thought. 

Now that the last vestige of benefit of the doubt for Riley is gone and it's a foregone conclusion that we have to pay this buyout and wade into a very competitive coaching market I'd imagine Moos has been in schmooze-mode and been working the boosters to build-up the old war-chest.