Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

3 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

Riley doesnt even seem to care that he just got blown out by, some would say, the former worst team in the division.  Well, why should he?  He gets his big fat paychecks regardless of win or loss, he`s just gotta coast until his big fat buyout and sail off into the sunset, aw shucks.

I say they should fire his ass and cut off all money now, let him sue, tie him up and drain him in litigation for the nxt 5 yrs.  These coaches gotta be held accountable for coming in and taking a s#!t on what Devaney and Osborne built over decades.

You are looking at this all wrong. The issue has been the administration offering these guys jobs. Riley did not swindle us into offering him a job.

• Plus1 1

I've changed my mind on this.  I posted the below to the positive MR thread and I think it needs to be repeated here:

I also like how he brought in that lady who was sexually abused while he was coach at OSU. It took guts to face her, to bring it to the forefront as an issue and to have an open dialogue with the team about those kind of issues .  I think I posted back then how proud I was of him doing so.   He showed real class.  He also showed that these character issues are more than the win/loss record.   Therefore, just for that reason alone, I've changed my mind - he should coach until the end of the season - we should show the same class as he has shown. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Other than being a link to the glory days, what have you seen that makes Parella worth two cents? 

No matter what Diaco does, Parella would still be in position to teach the DL technique and attitude. When these teams have been running through Nebraska, they've been running through Parella's linemen. When opposing quarterbacks throw flatfooted under minimal pressure, that's on the DL, too. 

Maybe Parella does fine with the same talent and a fresh start, but you could make that argument for everyone.

The DL can only do so much! The problem is the lbs and safeties aren't filling ANY lanes. I think some are scared of contact!! The rush doesn't get there because Fiasco plays 10 yards off. the DL has got zero help. Its been 5 or 6 verse three all season!

I see them hustling but they get worn down. They stuff THEIR gaps. This is a team game and the back half could be replaced with rubber bands.they are  young but shy away from contact.

My understanding is he's a good recruiter. He has ties to the past (which is a good thing). He was a walk on and that could be invaluable if the next regime wants to build up the program again. Not just mention it for kicks and giggles.

When you watch NU get crushed the next two weeks look at how the DL will purposefully take certain lanes away and ask yourself, "who is suppose to filling the other open space?" Hint it's not a DLinemen. Closing their gaps is by design but It's a clueless scheme. Instead of attacking forward with the lbs, Fiasco has them running 8 yards away/back. They don't have the right depth (from scrimmage to where the Lb should be)The normal coach wants lane integrity/gap responsibly. Have them run downhill. Just because the D sucks, isn't on Parella. He's just can't overcome Fiasco and not a miracle worker. He also doesn't have a legit NT (350# space water)  but the nose guy has done well imo. Hope it helps. 

2 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

Uh, he`s(they) still cashing the checks, he hasnt declined any....  Hes making big bucks to turn us into Oregon State-or worse

Why would he decline any? He is trying, he is just bad at it! He will be let go because he is bad at it. He was offered a contract, and he is to be paid under the terms. It is called business, not some idealogical fairy land where you think people give back money if they underperform. Live in the real world.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Why would he decline any? He is trying, he is just bad at it! He will be let go because he is bad at it. He was offered a contract, and he is to be paid under the terms. It is called business, not some idealogical fairy land where you think people give back money if they underperform. Live in the real world.

"Trying"?!  Lol, thats the point:  he aint, not that it matters when he does.  Just when you think he couldnt go any lower on the achievement ladder, he finds an even lower rung, last week being blown out by Mini, whats this week, Shaq rushes for 1000 yds on us?

Naw,  hes just coasting into his golden parachute laden, buyout retirement.  Well, I says, cut off the cash now to the p.o.s. and dont pay the buyout, breach the contract, he isnt holding up his end if the deal anyway.  Hes supppsed to be coaching, he clearly isnt.  And hows he ever going to collect from the U?  Good luck on that.

In my job, if I dont produce, I dont get paid and get sent packin`.  Should be the same deal for these scumbag, conjob coaches.

11 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

"Trying"?!  Lol, thats the point:  he aint, not that it matters when he does.  Just when you think he couldnt go any lower on the achievement ladder, he finds an even lower rung, last week being blown out by Mini, whats this week, Shaq rushes for 1000 yds on us?

Naw,  hes just coasting into his golden parachute laden, buyout retirement.  Well, I says, cut off the cash now to the p.o.s. and dont pay the buyout, breach the contract, he isnt holding up his end if the deal anyway.  Hes supppsed to be coaching, he clearly isnt.  And hows he ever going to collect from the U?  Good luck on that.

In my job, if I dont produce, I dont get paid and get sent packin`.  Should be the same deal for these scumbag, conjob coaches.

Riley has a contract guaranteeing his money. So did the last coaches. So will the next coach. You don't, so it doesn't really matter what happens at your job.

• Plus1 1
On 11/14/2017 at 6:02 PM, RedDenver said:

Riley has a contract guaranteeing his money. So did the last coaches. So will the next coach. You don't, so it doesn't really matter what happens at your job.

f#*k his f'ing contract!  Contracts are broken all the time.  The guy isnt coaching anyway, so he has broken the contract right.  Why you guys defend crappy millionaire coaches dragging the prog into the gutter is beyond me.