Miami as a model moving forward

lo country

3 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Miami as a model moving forward for $2000, Alex. 

What is: Title of a thread that you  NEVER in your life time thought you would see on a Husker board. 

Trust me....I know.  Lived in Miami for a while.  The only Florida school I still strongly dislike is FSU.  Only because we haven't beaten them yet for a championship.

7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I like your thought process.  If we had Miami area to recruit, we too could rebuild in a short time.  

They are playing with conference but nowhere near talented as they have been in the past. Keep playing like this and that better talent will come and if they continue to get coached up like this they could go on a nice run. 

9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Miami be great again is bad news for all the other schools in that region.  They will swallow up all the recruits and leave scraps for all else.

This ND game reminds me of when we would play them in the 80's and early 90's.  Their speed just ate us up like ND is getting chewed up.

Miami swag is good for college football. If Miami continues their rise then FSU is likely to continue their slide back. Heck, Jimbo might try to run out of town after this season. It is rare that all 3 power Florida programs can be dominate at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Miami swag is good for college football. If Miami continues their rise then FSU is likely to continue their slide back. Heck, Jimbo might try to run out of town after this season. It is rare that all 3 power Florida programs can be dominate at the same time. 

So is Nebraska.  Football, IMHO, is just better when the "traditional powerhouses" are doing well.  I know the B1G would appreciate us actually fielding a competitive team....The whole we will dominate the B1G really hasn't turned out to well.

On another note, look at Miami and look at us.  Our OL and DL look nothing like that.  S&C?

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, lo country said:

So is Nebraska.  Football, IMHO, is just better when the "traditional powerhouses" are doing well.  I know the B1G would appreciate us actually fielding a competitive team....The whole we will dominate the B1G really hasn't turned out to well.

On another note, look at Miami and look at us.  Our OL and DL look nothing like that.  S&C?

Yep, when most of the traditional powers are good is when college football is the most exciting. 

MI is starting to get their act together. OSU is clicking at a national title level. PSU is continuing to work their way back and got a conference title last year. Miami is showing some signs of getting better. NE is at rock bottom right now but that can change with a solid hire. 

S&C isn't that big of an issue. Coaching is most of it. The OL isn't even taught correct leverage or technique.