The Democrat Utopia

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Comey's background and choices remain a puzzle. 

I agree. Comey coming out when he did seemed like a huge CYA. That was an idiot move. As far as polling these days...I do not believe it anymore. The pollsters have proven unreliable and are no longer within their margin of error. 2016 was a tipping point with their troubles. Plus I believe people lie in polls. Especially on the right.

• Plus1 2

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-hypocrisy-is-on-full-display-charles-payne-rips-biden-after-he-called-to-end-the-filibuster/

And, a lot of contradictions. When the president says a majority rule … then in effect if they were to vote on a filibuster, or getting rid of it, the majority would vote against it. When the president brought up dark money, in the last election $1 billion dollars, but President Biden got $174 million in anonymous donations — back then, President Trump only got $25 million. When he talked about the filibuster and its vicious, insidious nature and its racist history, well, as it turns out, from 2019 to 2020, Democrats used it 328 times, shattering a record. So, I mean, the hypocrisy is on full display there, Bob.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, teachercd said:

So with Texas getting a bunch of new people, especially from California, I would have to imagine that eventually Texas will start voting D, right?

Great observation. What these ppl need to understand is,  "Don't try to turn Texas into the place you just fled from" :)

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is where I’m at with this. People who push for this aren’t thinking past next month. 

They're thinking there won't be a next month without doing this, because Republicans are busy destroying voting rights. 

The only way voting rights gets passed is if they end the filibuster. It's a gamble either way.

57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They're thinking there won't be a next month without doing this, because Republicans are busy destroying voting rights. 

The only way voting rights gets passed is if they end the filibuster. It's a gamble either way.

People already have the right to vote, it’s easy to vote, and no eligible voter is having their right to vote stripped away.   It’s a strawman argument to federalize elections which would be awful for the country.  All these posters know this but for some reason won’t admit it.  

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, commando said:

remember what they said and did about the supreme court?   Mitch says hi.  you are wrong...again.

Maybe you don’t know the difference between the words right and wrong.  Republicans have had control of all three institutions before and done nothing on the filibuster even when the Republican President pushed the Majority leader to do so.  I am right….again.   

• Plus1 2

Filibuster: I dislike it, but Dems better be careful what they ask for right before they lose the house/senate for the next 8 years. Dems killed the Filibuster for judicial nominees (except the Supreme Court, I believe). How did that work out? Repubs expanded that to all judicial nominees and look what happened. If Dems kill the the filibuster now for a single bill, the only thing stopping a simple majority of Republicans from running over them for the foreseeable future is 2 years of vetos. Plus, will the two moderate Dems pass the bills with 50 votes?

seems like they are taking a huge chance.

Voting rights: if we made a side by side table comparing Delaware to Georgia for differ aspects of voting laws (hours available to vote, number of early voting options, drop boxes, ID required, etc.) Does Georgia win on ease of voting? I don’t know the answer. Just curious if the claims I hear are true. Also, I am in favor of citizen only voting and making sure there is no fraud. Easy to verify and obtain IDs included. I suspect I am in the majority.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1