The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I support this. 

I agree with this lifting the cap on this tax too.   Though it gets annoying to get morons like Elizabeth always spouting the “pay their fair share” nonsense.   

They literally are paying their fair share now based on the current legislation.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This is nuts

I'm guessing this is his net worth and not his actual earnings? How do you tax unrealized gains? If most of this is Amazon stock he may never actually sell all of it, then what? Does he get a rebate when he dies?

• Plus1 1

Just now, ZRod said:

I'm guessing this is his net worth and not his actual earnings? How do you tax unrealized gains? If most of this is Amazon stock he may never actually sell all of it, then what? Does he get a rebate when he dies?

Sorry. I did not post it for the "tax the rich" part. I posted it due to the sheer audacity of the numbers.

Your points are valid regarding wealth vs income.

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Sorry. I did not post it for the "tax the rich" part. I posted it due to the sheer audacity of the numbers.

Your points are valid regarding wealth vs income.

It's a crazy number, but it's a massive business that he built.

• TBH 2
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree with this lifting the cap on this tax too.   Though it gets annoying to get morons like Elizabeth always spouting the “pay their fair share” nonsense.   

They literally are paying their fair share now based on the current legislation.  

There’s a difference between what they legally owe and “their fair share”. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There’s a difference between what they legally owe and “their fair share”. 

No there isn’t.  Our legislature has decided that what they pay now is actually their fair share as long as they pay it.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No there isn’t.  Our legislature has decided that what they pay now is actually their fair share as long as they pay it.  

Yeah, I am with you on this.

Also, I hate the idea that someone is rich they should pay some bigger "fair share", that just doesn't sit well with me.

Now, if legislation is passed and they are forced to pay more, I get it.  

For instance, teachers should not have to pay state income tax BUT we do, so I deal with it even though clearly, as educators and heroes (to some), we should get a break but we don't.  Now if that ever changes and laws are passed that say we do not need to pay state income tax, well, I will gladly no longer pay them as opposed to paying my fair share. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I know.  

Seems way worse to ask the people least able to pay to do it as opposed to those with the most ability to pay. And for many of the rich, more money than they could ever possibly spend.