The Democrat Utopia

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The chart should show the ratio of income % to tax % over time. The top 1% are paying a bigger % of taxes now, but it's not showing what % they earned before. I looked up a single data point, 1980, and the top 1% earned 10% of income then, so the ratio was 19%/10% = 1.9. Now it's 45.8%/26.3% = 1.7.  I.E. things have become more favorable for the top 1% over time.

What percentage of the 99% don't pay taxes because they don't make the income threshold?  Isn't it significant number?

I wonder what the math would be between the top 1% and people who actually make enough to have a tax bill.

This website says like 40%! https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/tpc-number-those-who-dont-pay-federal-income-tax-drops-pre-pandemic-levels

• TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What percentage of the 99% don't pay taxes because they don't make the income threshold?  Isn't it significant number?

I wonder what the math would be between the top 1% and people who actually make enough to have a tax bill.

This website says like 40%! https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/tpc-number-those-who-dont-pay-federal-income-tax-drops-pre-pandemic-levels

40% :blink:

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Another a$$ kicking for the MAGA messaging.  Maybe they should have kept Cheney.  Who knew failing to pass border and national security legislation would be a loser at the polls? 

The Democrats over performed again by 7 points.  What Nate Silver doing..lol

Tom Suozzi Dem.    91,338   +53.9%
Mazi Pilip     Rep.    78,229    +46.1% 

Why are you bringing up Nate Silver?

• TBH 2

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe her love life has nothing to do with her job. 

Why are folks upset with that answer?  I have cash in my house.  I don’t know for sure if it came from a Christmas card or December's paycheck. I know I didn’t steal it.   Are folks really this desperate to make this messy?

Embarrassing… 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Why are folks upset with that answer?  I have cash in my house.  I don’t know for sure if it came from a Christmas card or December's paycheck. I know I didn’t steal it.   Are folks really this desperate to make this messy?

Embarrassing… 

I guess this is true.  I have some in my wallet and I used to keep some in a box, like basically an adult piggy bank.  I would put all my dollar bills in it and then after a year I would go put it in my savings account (because I live like a f#&%ing immigrant), it would be a few hundo a year.

As far as her sex life?  Well, I don't give a f#&% about who anyone f#&%s or tries to f#&%, I don't care if they cheat, if they are monogamous (lame), if they are married or single.  I don't care who they bang or don't bang.   

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, commando said:

so you are now saying that paying someone they had sex with disqualifies someone from doing their job??    

There is no guy ever that has not paid for sex.  Period.

Upfront, during or after...we all pay.

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Embarrassing… 

Exactly.  MAGA is so excited to think she did something so wrong.