The Democrat Utopia

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

University cops did not intervene on the white nationalists waving Confederate flags at Charlottesville, and indeed the standard for protecting free assembly has been pretty consistent for both wings. University administrators definitely let themselves get boxed in on the pro-Palestine, anti-Israel outburst, and if you'll recall they either resigned or walked their wishy-washy declarations back per the pressure from their own liberal ecosystem rather than a viral post from Pradheep Shankar.

I'm trying to imagine a right wing protest against transgenders, featuring a rainbow flag being pulled down to a cheering crowd. That would be pretty ugly. Cops wouldn't intervene, but I can easily imagine social media blowing up about it, applying the same standard of outrage as Pradheep here.

Also, minor niggle, but the police in fact did arrest 47 protestors and the action was immediately condemned by the President of the United States.

As a trade-off, could we ask Republicans to openly declare that casting doubt on the legality of the 2020 election is both unfounded and detrimental to the nation? And if you want an equivalency to the Yale douchebags, encourage the farther right wingnuts to lay low on declaring the J6 prisoners hostages and the opposing party cannibalistic pedophiles. 

Yale Arrests Pro-Palestine Student Protesters As Tensions Escalate On Ivy League Campuses

Zachary Folk
Forbes Staff

Police began clearing out the protester encampment at Yale University on Monday morning, the Yale Daily News reported, as tensions mount between protesters and leaders concerned about growing antisemitism on college campuses, which had prompted the White House to condemn “calls for violence and physical intimidation targeting Jewish students.”

About 47 protesters were arrested at the encampment at Yale’s Beinecke Plaza on Monday morning, before being charged with misdemeanor trespassing and placed on shuttle buses, Yale Police Chief Anthony Campbell told the student newspaper.

Police cleared the plaza encampment by about 8 a.m., but more than 300 protesters gathered in the streets and blocked a key intersection near the plaza.

Videos circulating on social media show police officers entering the camp and instructing protesters to leave early on Monday morning: “we will give you time to leave, if you do not leave, you will be arrested.”

The Yale Police Department did not immediately return a request for comment from Forbes.

The Yale arrests come after over 100 student protesters were arrested at another encampment on Columbia University’s campus on Thursday—which was quickly reorganized over the weekend.

WHAT ARE THE PROTESTERS CALLING FOR?

Both the Columbia and Yale protests were organized to call on their respective universities to divest from arms manufacturers that provide weapons to the Israeli military and other companies tied to the state. Columbia College Student Council previously approved a measure asking the university to divest from “companies and academic institutions that profit from or engage in the State of Israel’s acts of occupation, apartheid, and genocide,” the Columbia Spectator reported, but the student government tabled the motion after pushback from administrators. Last week, Yale’s Advisory Committee on Investor Responsibility approved a resolution to divest from companies that sell assault weapons to the public, but declined to divest from military arms manufacturers, rebuking protesters. “Military weapons manufacturing for authorized sales did not meet the threshold of grave social injury, a prerequisite for divestment, because this manufacturing supports socially necessary uses, such as law enforcement and national security,” the university said in a statement.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

They are?  Meanwhile, Democrats have condemned these actions and fought to pass an aid package to Israel.  Meanwhile, Neo-Nazis are Republicans.

Some folks have to find issues in things that aren’t issues so they don’t have to admit they have issues…

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Soliciting donations is almost unheard of in P&R. Why do you suggest people donate to this fund?

I thought I was being cheeking in calling out how ActBlue, a Democratic PAC, is going to be bailing out these protestors.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
4 minutes ago, Gage County said:

I thought I was being cheeking in calling out how ActBlue, a Democratic PAC, is going to be bailing out these protestors.

So you're against major political parties soliciting donations for people who might be criminals?

• Fire 4
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Gage County said:

You do know that link was not for the antisemitic protestors right?  No way you would be dishonest, right?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1