The Democrat Utopia

25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Tulsa has a WNBA team once  - even coached by local favorite and former Univ of Tulsa and U of Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson (who won the NC wt Ark around 1992).  I'll take the $5 on the ground.  I /we don't miss them. 

I forgot that the coached in the wnba!

I still have not heard an argument that makes sense as to why the WNBA players should be making more cash.  Maybe someday!

27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Easy solution would be to indict and/or arrest him...

It's absolutely not going to happen. 50% of American voters would see it as the Deep State attacking their party's icon. 

It would free up Republicans to erode Democracy even further since their constituency would view it as simple retaliation for charges against Trump.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's absolutely not going to happen. 50% of American voters would see it as the Deep State attacking their party's icon. 

It would free up Republicans to erode Democracy even further since their constituency would view it as simple retaliation for charges against Trump.

I am confused.  So then...what is the point of all the (seemingly) efforts to do so?

7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am confused.  So then...what is the point of all the (seemingly) efforts to do so?

Public demand from Democrats to at least investigate something.

I'll be beyond shocked if Trump faces criminal charges resulting from the January 6th Committee, from the New York District Attorneys office, or any other place.

That isn't to say they won't set up Mark Meadows to be the fall guy. Will Trump be charged? I highly, highly doubt it.

And if he is, I'm not sure that's great since it simply opens the door for President DeSantis to go scorched earth on the DoJ and Democracy in general.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Oh I agree it's the right thing. But hear for over year that tRump is guilty and will spend the rest of his life behind bars. Now @Dr. Strangelovesays that's never going to happen. Seems confusing to me.

How is that at all confusing if you've followed politics the last 6 years? The GOP is off it's f#&%ing rocker. Trump should have been removed from office and bared from ever running again, but the party hasn't cared about legality or ethics in more than a decade (arguably since Nixon) hence only Romney voted to impeach. The GOP only cares about the ends, not the means of getting there.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh my god!

I just saw this and LOVED it!  

We all know the real answer too.

Well this goes back to my original post: why would you need to be a prick about it? 

There are tons of things happening in my city that I don't care $5 about. But maybe a few thousand people do care. So if I can deny them that pleasure and get $5 in the process, I'm just an a$$h@!e. 

Every men's and women's athletic program at UNL is subsidized by the football program. They do not have the crowds or revenue to thrive on their own. This is not a reason to mock them out of existence. 

• Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well this goes back to my original post: why would you need to be a prick about it? 

There are tons of things happening in my city that I don't care $5 about. But maybe a few thousand people do care. So if I can deny them that pleasure and get $5 in the process, I'm just an a$$h@!e. 

Every men's and women's athletic program at UNL is subsidized by the football program. They do not have the crowds or revenue to thrive on their own. This is not a reason to mock them out of existence. 

Can you provide a list of things that are okay to joke about?  

• Oh Yeah! 1
37 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Oh I agree it's the right thing. But hear for over year that tRump is guilty and will spend the rest of his life behind bars. Now @Dr. Strangelovesays that's never going to happen. Seems confusing to me.

Is it really that confusing that rich people who should go to jail typically find a way not to go to jail?

I think most folks in here believe Trump is guilty, but I haven't seen a lot of confidence that it will translate into a criminal prosecution. 

But I don't think you're confused, really. I think you're straddling the fence.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How is that at all confusing if you've followed politics the last 6 years? The GOP is off it's f#&%ing rocker. Trump should have been removed from office and bared from ever running again, but the party hasn't cared about legality or ethics in more than a decade (arguably since Nixon) hence only Romney voted to impeach. The GOP only cares about the ends, not the means of getting there.

I am not trying to be difficult, but what does any of what you just said have to do with him being indicted or charged by J6 committee, or the NY district attorney? Which was the point of my initial inquiry as to why Strangelove now says won't happen.

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it really that confusing that rich people who should go to jail typically find a way not to go to jail?

I think most folks in here believe Trump is guilty, but I haven't seen a lot of confidence that it will translate into a criminal prosecution. 

But I don't think you're confused, really. I think you're straddling the fence.

No, actually confused as to hearing about absolute guilt and charges are inevitable and hopefully incarceration but now...it will "likely never happen"

And I am not on any fence. I hope he goes away for good, and don't care how that gets accomplished.

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am not trying to be difficult, but what does any of what you just said have to do with him being indicted or charged by J6 committee, or the NY district attorney? Which was the point of my initial inquiry as to why Strangelove now says won't happen.

Why wasn't Trump, Jr, or Kushner charger in the Muller probe? They all were found to have violated the law in one form or another. Why wasn't Trump removed from office after being impeached? You're not confused, you know how this works and you know the why. It's partisan politics and application of the law by the GOP.

There's also the massive and virtually unheard of issue of charging a former or sitting president with a crime.

• Plus1 2