The Democrat Utopia

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure it is.  Which, makes it more stupid to go there when she did. 

My understanding is that she went there when she did because it was her job, for which she gets paid a lot more than she does in the U.S. 

I can imagine the Russian businessman who can afford to pay Brittney Griner more than $1 million to play basketball in Russia would have been able to step in and get her off the hook for his own selfish reasons, but would not have gotten in the way of Putin being able to flex on the U.S. 

But I don't even travel with pot in the U.S., even when visiting a state where it's legal. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My understanding is that she went there when she did because it was her job, for which she gets paid a lot more than she does in the U.S. 

I can imagine the Russian businessman who can afford to pay Brittney Griner more than $1 million to play basketball in Russia would have been able to step in and get her off the hook for his own selfish reasons, but would not have gotten in the way of Putin being able to flex on the U.S. 

But I don't even travel with pot in the U.S., even when visiting a state where it's legal. 

So???  Don’t go. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So???  Don’t go. 

No kidding!

The problem is that admitting that it is that simple, for some people, they feel that it paints them into a corner and for some reason shines a light in a negative way on their stances.

But what they need to understand is that common sense (should) come first.  She was stupid and even worse is she got caught being stupid in a country that doesn't treat pot like we do here.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

No kidding!

The problem is that admitting that it is that simple, for some people, they feel that it paints them into a corner and for some reason shines a light in a negative way on their stances.

But what they need to understand is that common sense (should) come first.  She was stupid and even worse is she got caught being stupid in a country that doesn't treat pot like we do here.  

What was her defense?  Did she just claim she “forgot” it was in there?

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What was her defense?  Did she just claim she “forgot” it was in there?

I thought she said she "didn't mean it" which is really an air tight defense so it is pretty clear that this is a huge political stunt being put on by Putin...he knows that the WNBA is pretty much must see TV, he knows that this strikes right at the heart of America.

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I thought she said she "didn't mean it" which is really an air tight defense so it is pretty clear that this is a huge political stunt being put on by Putin...he knows that the WNBA is pretty much must see TV, he knows that this strikes right at the heart of America.

Yeah, that's kinda funny. But also pretty s#!tty. Women's pro basketball isn't as good as men's pro basketball. But neither is men's college basketball. The women are outstanding athletes, play a good game, enjoy the admiration of many NBA stars including the late Kobe Bryant, and clearly know they have a fraction of the pay and audience without some dorm room pricks making fun of them.

Obviously WNBA isn't must see TV in the U.S., but it's interesting that a much less wealthy country like Russia is able to pay our women players four times as much as they earn in the U.S. If you want to know why LeBron James came up with his take on why Griner may not pine for America's warm embrace, watch this video. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, that's kinda funny. But also pretty s#!tty. Women's pro basketball isn't as good as men's pro basketball. But neither is men's college basketball. The women are outstanding athletes, play a good game, enjoy the admiration of many NBA stars including the late Kobe Bryant, and clearly know they have a fraction of the pay and audience without some dorm room pricks making fun of them.

Obviously WNBA isn't must see TV in the U.S., but it's interesting that a much less wealthy country like Russia is able to pay our women players four times as much as they earn in the U.S. If you want to know why LeBron James came up with his take on why Griner may not pine for America's warm embrace, watch this video. 

Do you know why other countries pay them more?  Because they are totally f#&%ing starved for any form of "entertainment" and content and gambling.  

Look at the attendance https://www.acrossthetimeline.com/wnba/attendance.html

It gets dominated in the ratings by some. show called "Great Chocolate Showdown" and "Master of Illusion" my guess is those gripping shows will be off the air really soon.

Look, they should try and make every penny they can but would you pay them more.  

Remember, even women are not supporting this product.  They don't go to the games and they don't watch it on TV.

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Do you know why other countries pay them more?  Because they are totally f#&%ing starved for any form of "entertainment" and content and gambling.  

It gets dominated in the ratings by some. show called "Great Chocolate Showdown" and "Master of Illusion" my guess is those gripping shows will be off the air really soon.

Look, they should try and make every penny they can but would you pay them more.  

Remember, even women are not supporting this product.  They don't go to the games and they don't watch it on TV.

What does any of this have to do with what I posted? 

(FWIW, the highest rated primetime men's NBA game in the U.S. gets about half the audience of "The Masked Singer."  Not sure where you were going with that.) 

Also, the countries starved for entertainment are free to follow the same sports and entertainment we do. They are not forced to overpay women because they can't find other games, athletes, or cooking shows. 

But yes, of course, it is fun to make fun of women. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What does any of this have to do with what I posted? 

(FWIW, the highest rated primetime men's NBA game in the U.S. gets about half the audience of "The Masked Singer."  Not sure where you were going with that.) 

Also, the countries starved for entertainment are free to follow the same sports and entertainment we do. They are not forced to overpay women because they can't find other games, athletes, or cooking shows. 

But yes, of course, it is fun to make fun of women. 

Let me ask you this… How many WNBA tickets have you purchased and how much of their merchandise do you buy regularly and have you offered to buy add space during their televised games? I’m guessing you don’t really support it at all but you’re still complaining that they don’t get paid enough. So put your money where your mouth is right… Go buy some LA Sparks gear go buy season tickets 

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Let me ask you this… How many WNBA tickets have you purchased and how much of their merchandise do you buy regularly and have you offered to buy add space during their televised games? I’m guessing you don’t really support it at all but you’re still complaining that they don’t get paid enough. So put your money where your mouth is right… Go buy some LA Sparks gear go buy season tickets 

Go back and read my post. Tell me what I actually said that you disagree with. 

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Somebody watched Bill Burr's latest bit...

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If there are way fewer fans for a sports league. The pay is going to be much less. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1