The Democrat Utopia

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

If anyone thinks that by allowing Russia to waltz right through Ukraine, setup a vassal state, and control the Black Sea ports forever will cause the price of oil and other goods to return to pre-invasion levels is sorely mistaken.  Putin brought this war.  He needs to be stopped now or it'll cost a hell of a lot more both in money and lives later.   I can't believe I had to type that.  Is history taught in schools anymore?

Who wants Russia to win? Besides maybe China and most Russias…

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, nic said:

Back in the day it was New World Order, and it was considered “spooky” by some. What does Liberal World Order mean? How is it different than New World Order or is it the New World Order rebranded?

Liberal World Order does not sound like any fun. They need better marketing. 

Because half of America thinks “liberal” is an insult.  When it’s actually what our system and values is based on, entirely.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Who said anything about wanting Russia to win?

Good …then we agree that allowing Russia to waltz through Ukraine is a bad idea and it won’t fix oil prices. 

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Because half of America thinks “liberal” is an insult.  When it’s actually what our system and values is based on, entirely.

It’s not the only word being these days.:unsure:

10 minutes ago, nic said:

Good …then we agree that allowing Russia to waltz through Ukraine is a bad idea and it won’t fix oil prices. 

Good.  I'm glad you see the function and benefit of a liberal world order now that you know what it is.

1 hour ago, nic said:

It’s not the only word being these days.:unsure:

Yes, crazy right wingers turned it into a naughty word.  Even though America was born out of liberal thought.

So the right wingers are throwing a fit because they taught themselves how to incorrectly a word.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Good.  I'm glad you see the function and benefit of a liberal world order now that you know what it is.

I see the benefit of not allowing Russia to take Ukraine and watching them weaken themselves at the same time. Too bad it’s at Ukraines expense. Russia is headed the way of North Korea. Taking Russia down a notch is good for the US. Now we need an administration that will take advantage of it.

2 hours ago, nic said:

I see the benefit of not allowing Russia to take Ukraine and watching them weaken themselves at the same time. Too bad it’s at Ukraines expense. Russia is headed the way of North Korea. Taking Russia down a notch is good for the US. Now we need an administration that will take advantage of it.

Take advantage of it? In what way?

The current administration rallied the world behind the Ukrainian cause. Sent million and millions of dollars in equipment and weapon systems, and has encouraged other nations to do the same. Under this administration NATO may potentially gain new nations, but at a minimum they have grown closer and stronger.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Take advantage of it? In what way?

The current administration rallied the world behind the Ukrainian cause. Sent million and millions of dollars in equipment and weapon systems, and has encouraged other nations to do the same. Under this administration NATO may potentially gain new nations, but at a minimum they have grown closer and stronger.

Yes. And Russia will be weakened politically, economically and militarily when this is over. Less of threat, less of an adversary. Maybe that will cause a political revolution in Russia that will be to our benefit. The world’s  benefit really.