The Democrat Utopia

Here's the thing with charges to Trump.  I really believe he should be charged and that there is enough evidence to convict him.

However, what people need to realize is that I fully expect, when that happens, there will be violent protests from his cult followers.  You must remember, J6 proved that these people are brainwashed by him and will do whatever he says.  He said to come to Washington, they did.  He said to March to the capital, they did.  He put in their heads that they need to "fight like hell" and then told them, through a tweet, that Mike Pence betrayed them.  THEN, he finally was convinced to tell them to go home, and only at that point, did they go home.

NOW, if he is arrested and is in jail, these people are going to go bat s#!t crazy.  MTG and Gaetz and their crew are going to be leading the charge.

And.....the possibility of this is NOT a reason to not arrest him.  It's just something this country is going to have to deal with.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That video game spoof has over 1 million views.

I think you even said it was funny. 

Yeah, I was responding more to the joke about preferring to find $5 on the ground than having your town's WNBA team win the championship. You LOVED IT!.

Me, not so much.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Why wasn't Trump, Jr, or Kushner charger in the Muller probe? They all were found to have violated the law in one form or another. Why wasn't Trump removed from office after being impeached? You're not confused, you know how this works and you know the why. It's partisan politics and application of the law by the GOP.

There's also the massive and virtually unheard of issue of charging a former or sitting president with a crime.

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's the thing with charges to Trump.  I really believe he should be charged and that there is enough evidence to convict him.

However, what people need to realize is that I fully expect, when that happens, there will be violent protests from his cult followers.  You must remember, J6 proved that these people are brainwashed by him and will do whatever he says.  He said to come to Washington, they did.  He said to March to the capital, they did.  He put in their heads that they need to "fight like hell" and then told them, through a tweet, that Mike Pence betrayed them.  THEN, he finally was convinced to tell them to go home, and only at that point, did they go home.

NOW, if he is arrested and is in jail, these people are going to go bat s#!t crazy.  MTG and Gaetz and their crew are going to be leading the charge.

And.....the possibility of this is NOT a reason to not arrest him.  It's just something this country is going to have to deal with.

Exactly.

These brainwashed people are too far gone to be saved. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I say bring it on!

Let the rats show who they are.

I believe the term from another thread is “f#&% around and find out.”

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I say bring it on!

Let the rats show who they are.

I believe the term from another thread is “f#&% around and find out.”

I agree that this is what we need to do. We just need to understand that the s#!t show is coming from the cult. 

WhatI HOPE isn’t happening is that the judicial system is looking at this and saying….crap, we better not charge him. 

My fear is that is what happened in the SDNY. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree that this is what we need to do. We just need to understand that the s#!t show is coming from the cult. 

WhatI HOPE isn’t happening is that the judicial system is looking at this and saying….crap, we better not charge him. 

My fear is that is what happened in the SDNY. 

I'm not saying in the long run Trump will be indicted by the DOJ, but nothing points to that not being a very real possibility.   In fact there's a lot of smoke that the DOJ is on his trail and while everyone is impatient for the DOJ to indict, they need an ironclad case before doing so.  New evidence seems to be pouring in daily of an enormous conspiracy to overturn our election, the size of which none of us can even wrap our heads around.  When the district attorney of the SDNY suspended the investigation against Trump the top prosecutors resigned.  We haven't seen anything like that yet.  When that happens I'll give up hope on our justice system and democracy.  Can it all.  We're done.

I'd actually be shock if they indicted Trump while the Jan 6th committee is still working. I've read where an indictment might not come until late in 2023.  We've never in our history have faced the prospect of a former president being charged with multiple felonies up to and including sedition.  The DOJ has to be 110% sure they have the goods before doing so and everyday they get more evidence which they need to investigate.  It seems to me like they've done a very good job of working their way up the chain.  Something's up with Meadows.  There's a lot of speculation that he's cooperating with the investigation as would be expected being the mollusk that he is.    

Here's a good synopsis of the DOJ has been doing all this time.

Then let's not forget Trump's troubles in Georgia.  The Fulton County DA will probably be the first to indict if it comes to that.  

27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'm not saying in the long run Trump will be indicted by the DOJ, but nothing points to that not being a very real possibility.   In fact there's a lot of smoke that the DOJ is on his trail and while everyone is impatient for the DOJ to indict, they need an ironclad case before doing so.  New evidence seems to be pouring in daily of an enormous conspiracy to overturn our election, the size of which none of us can even wrap our heads around.  When the district attorney of the SDNY suspended the investigation against Trump the top prosecutors resigned.  We haven't seen anything like that yet.  When that happens I'll give up hope on our justice system and democracy.  Can it all.  We're done.

I'd actually be shock if they indicted Trump while the Jan 6th committee is still working. I've read where an indictment might not come until late in 2023.  We've never in our history have faced the prospect of a former president being charged with multiple felonies up to and including sedition.  The DOJ has to be 110% sure they have the goods before doing so and everyday they get more evidence which they need to investigate.  It seems to me like they've done a very good job of working their way up the chain.  Something's up with Meadows.  There's a lot of speculation that he's cooperating with the investigation as would be expected being the mollusk that he is.    

Here's a good synopsis of the DOJ has been doing all this time.

Then let's not forget Trump's troubles in Georgia.  The Fulton County DA will probably be the first to indict if it comes to that.  

I’m perfectly fine with waiting. I’m not being impatient. But, what happened in SDNY, doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling about this going forward. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m perfectly fine with waiting. I’m not being impatient. But, what happened in SDNY, doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling about this going forward. 

I’m not concerned about what his brainwashed backwards idiot supporters might do if he’s indicted/convicted. If we’re lucky a bunch of them will end up dead or in jail. The bigger concern is the MTGs in our government and the BS they will pull to further erode our democracy. These last few years of Republicans is exactly why Trump needs/has to be charged and convicted. If we let this s#!t go just imagine what they’ll try next. And yes, I will be mildly surprised if he is actually charged with anything. It will be a s#!tshow on many levels but the type of people that stormed the capital are the least to be worried about.

• Plus1 2