Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

I will say, whatever search firms we've used for the past few hires at coach...don't f****** use them again, because they obviously suck. 

I'm hoping Trev has a short list already in mind, especially if the 'with cause' rumors floating around are legit re: Frost. 

On 11/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Sumlin hasnt really done anything all that special at A&M.  He has had great recruiting classes but the team always gets overhyped then goes nowhere. 

I think Fuente and Campbell need to be at the top of the list although either one i think would be hard for us to pry away. If I can put my bias aside I would probably choose either one of them over Frost at the moment. 

In reality this is just random guesses cuz there are too many variables and unknowns, but ill pat myself on the back for being kinda right about half of what I said.  

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I will say, whatever search firms we've used for the past few hires at coach...don't f****** use them again, because they obviously suck. 

I'm hoping Trev has a short list already in mind, especially if the 'with cause' rumors floating around are legit re: Frost. 

If there was already proven just cause there would be an interim HC on Saturday.

Alberts was around when some of the noise was loudest to get rid of Osborne after the 1990 season.  Alberts will tune out some of the irrational fan noise 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4:16 :o:cry

The more I look into Matt Entz the more I like him. He is just what the program needs. Two tights power run formations. Nebraskans identify with power. He’s 23-3 at NDSU. Someone will get em. I think home run hire is out of the question. Unless it’s Matt Campbell. Either way, nobody big is going to want to come here no matter how much money offered. I think in 03 we offered Urban Meyer (then the Utah coach) more money than Florida and he left for UF. 

It feels like we were all duped by Scott he has been an atrocious coach up to this point. I’m one who is surprised by that. I expected a much different approach but he’s turned out to be extremely lazy and incompetent. “No music during practice this week!” Like that’s going to change your culture :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, FTW said:

4:16 :o:cry

The more I look into Matt Entz the more I like him. He is just what the program needs. Two tights power run formations. Nebraskans identify with power. He’s 23-3 at NDSU. Someone will get em. I think home run hire is out of the question. Unless it’s Matt Campbell. Either way, nobody big is going to want to come here no matter how much money offered. I think in 03 we offered Urban Meyer (then the Utah coach) more money than Florida and he left for UF. 

It feels like we were all duped by Scott he has been an atrocious coach up to this point. I’m one who is surprised by that. I expected a much different approach but he’s turned out to be extremely lazy and incompetent. “No music during practice this week!” Like that’s going to change your culture :rolleyes:

This is somewhat related, but I also suggested bringing Craig Bohl back into the fold, and give him a simple task--right the ship by getting us over .500 consistently and to bowl games. After that, we'll see how much he has left in the coaching tank, and if he doesn't (or just wants to be an analyst/hang out in the AD and make a check, Devaney-style), we'll have a stable base to bring someone else in to build on his work. 

29 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If there was already proven just cause there would be an interim HC on Saturday.

Alberts was around when some of the noise was loudest to get rid of Osborne after the 1990 season.  Alberts will tune out some of the irrational fan noise 

By the same token, any AD worth their check has a constant short list in case of emergencies.

Like, say if Scott goes off the deep end, downs some 40s of Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull, and proceeds to bash the Cadillac upside the Dairy Queen.*

*entirely hypothetical, and I do not suggest Scott would go to DQ or that he owns a Cadillac.  

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

This is somewhat related, but I also suggested bringing Craig Bohl back into the fold, and give him a simple task--right the ship by getting us over .500 consistently and to bowl games. After that, we'll see how much he has left in the coaching tank, and if he doesn't (or just wants to be an analyst/hang out in the AD and make a check, Devaney-style), we'll have a stable base to bring someone else in to build on his work. 

You realize Craig Bohl was run out of Lincoln on a rail right?

There are many who dont want him back and unless hes just all about the money Im guessing he doesnt want to come back. 

Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

You realize Craig Bohl was run out of Lincoln on a rail right?

There are many who dont want him back and unless hes just all about the money Im guessing he doesnt want to come back. 

Yup, but since then he built the foundation that's being used to this day in ND. 

And we've also since realized that there are significantly worse DCs than him...and Bohl wouldn't be DC coming back. 

Well, most of us have, at any rate.

20 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Yup, but since then he built the foundation that's being used to this day in ND. 

And we've also since realized that there are significantly worse DCs than him...and Bohl wouldn't be DC coming back. 

NDSU is a LONG successful program. Bohl did a great job, but NDSU has always been successful and have had great fan support for their little niche of the world. They were very good and very physical when I played against them in the NCC. They were the class of the league. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football

Bohl hasnt exactly lit the world on fire at Wyoming

Hard pass- I remember when he was here. 

• Fire 1
26 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Oddly, I believe if the OL/DL stick out their time in Lincoln that Frost is establishing a great run for success starting with the 2023 season, just need to fit the skill position pieces. 

My current mood doesn’t believe he’ll get/deserve the chance though. 

1 minute ago, Savage Husker said:

Oddly, I believe if the OL/DL stick out their time in Lincoln that Frost is establishing a great run for success starting with the 2023 season, just need to fit the skill position pieces. 

My current mood doesn’t believe he’ll get/deserve the chance though. 

This year won’t be a mulligan like last year. It sucks I was all behind him pulling for people to give Frost a chance I’ll admit it I’m damn wrong on that. He’s gotta go quickly. We damn near lost the sellout streak because people are apathetic towards the football program. It would be eerily ironic if one of our own was responsible for killing the sellout streak. I’m going to the Buffalo game here’s hoping the streak continues.