If Frost is hired...recruiting

Garry G

3 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Also bet that you are the only one here hoping I lose...for obvious reasons. 

I hope Frost comes in and blows the doors off recruiting and does break us into the top 20 in 2019, I just don't see that personally. Frost will recruit well here no doubt, how well, and more specifically how well in his first full cycle is the question in play. 

Edit: realistically we aren't that far apart in our views. You think Frost will sign a class in the 15-19 range, I'm thinking more 20-25. I also think Frost will evaluate well and recruit to his system very efficiently. You will have to look beyond the rating because I think he can grab some gems. But that doesn't help your recruiting ranking as a team. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I hope Frost comes in and blows the doors off recruiting and does break us into the top 20 in 2019, I just don't see that personally. Frost will recruit well here no doubt, how well, and more specifically how well in his first full cycle is the question in play. 

We finally agree. Sent you a pm. All is well :)

• Plus1 1

On 11/19/2017 at 4:23 PM, ScottyIce said:

Look it up Mav. You’re wrong on this one.

We researched it and it came to be like .7, but that is better, don’t give a damn by how much. 

All of Bo’s receivers were better than the recruiting stars we have now....look that up in Reality Land.

Recruiting rankings are a bad joke.

Recruiting should be good.

1. Scott is a hot name who recruits will definitely know about.  I expect the current players will be excited for a change after this season and we'll get some new interest.

2. He runs an offense that kids will be excited to play in.

3. He already ties to the midwest, west coast, and Florida.  Get an assistant with good ties to Texas (& maybe northeast) and that's looking good.

4. Nebraska name, program, facilities...

Things are looking up!

There's been a talent drain for years, and specifically we've lost the pipleline for offensive lineman that made the glory days possible. They need to be big, smart, aggressive and cohesive, no matter what system you're running. 

But nothing explains how there can be 108 college football defenses that are better than Nebraska's.

I'd love to blame the 3-4, or Diaco, or Riley, but the defense fell off a cliff under Pelini and Callahan, too. 

Rice is ranked ahead of Nebraska in Total Defense.

Rice. 

I think that Frost will be one of those Coaches that actually do what every coach says they will do when freshly hired:  Adapt their system to the talent available on the roster.  

I think his offense, at least, he has been able to install successfully in a relatively short period of time.  Part of that is the abundance of skill players and speed available in Florida, but I think a lot of it is just having and teaching a system that is simple enough to be mastered quickly, but offers enough "wrinkles" to be difficult to defend.

Even if we take a step back with this recruiting class, I'm hoping that there is still enough talent on the roster to do SOMETHING better than what Riley and co. accomplished.  It's worth the risk.  The class was going to be small, anyway.

I'm hopeful that he will:

1. Keep the remaining class together because they are excited about what he brings

2. Add some of the top targets he has already been pursuing for UCF.

3. Minimize transfers of better players on the roster - same reason.

4. Aggressively go after JuCo players where he sees immediate holes.

5. Tap into West Coast and Florida pipelines for future classes.

I'm calling my strategy: "KAMAT".  What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

I'm hopeful that he will:

1. Keep the remaining class together because they are excited about what he brings

2. Add some of the top targets he has already been pursuing for UCF.

3. Minimize transfers of better players on the roster - same reason.

4. Aggressively go after JuCo players where he sees immediate holes.

5. Tap into West Coast and Florida pipelines for future classes.

I'm calling my strategy: "KAMAT".  What do you think?

I think your acronym skills need work, but I agree with all the points except the last.

I hope we forget about the west coast altogether and recruit the Midwest for heart, and Texas/Florida for program raising talent. The Midwest kids push the big names Rudy-style. 

West coast kids seem to be overrated in higher proportions when they actually play college football than kids from the south.

On 11/20/2017 at 2:27 PM, Mavric said:

This is factually inaccurate.

And it's not really providing evidence.  That would require actual facts, which you seldom have.

Dude we can go around and around - which you like to do.  However taking data that is creditable and using MATH to determine trends in in no way "factually inaccurate".  That's one thing about math things are black and white.  All this makes your second sentence as OFF as your first.  Let's move on......

24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think your acronym skills need work, but I agree with all the points except the last.

I hope we forget about the west coast altogether and recruit the Midwest for heart, and Texas/Florida for program raising talent. The Midwest kids push the big names Rudy-style. 

West coast kids seem to be overrated in higher proportions when they actually play college football than kids from the south.

You don't like my acronym?  I'm very skilled at making them.  Here is a sign I made last week for my DOJO (Don't Object to Justice Or else):

Image result for bad acronym meme

Oh, yeah.  and BTW, 13% of the NFL is from the state of California, so I wouldn't completely ignore them, but I can kind-of see your point.

Edited by Kiyoat Husker
28 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Dude we can go around and around - which you like to do.  However taking data that is creditable and using MATH to determine trends in in no way "factually inaccurate".  That's one thing about math things are black and white.  All this makes your second sentence as OFF as your first.  Let's move on......

Exactly.  I'd like to see your math, not just talk in generalities.

15 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

You don't like my acronym?  I'm very skilled at making them.  Here is a sign I made last week for my DOJO (Don't Object to Justice Or else):

Image result for bad acronym meme

Oh, yeah.  and BTW, 13% of the NFL is from the state of California, so I wouldn't completely ignore them, but I can kind-of see your point.

Haha. Now that is fantastic.