Weird Time for Christians

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:
43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

To which beliefs are you referring, exactly? Because if we're basing this solely off of "beliefs" and the core tenants of evangelicalism, Trump's behavior, rhetoric and decisions are often at odds with those beliefs more than they are aligned.

You are smart enough to know that the right to life is the single most important issue for millions of Christians and it can be a single issue vote for them.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are smart enough to know that the right to life is the single most important issue for millions of Christians and it can be a single issue vote for them.  

You're right.  Interestingly....it's not everyone's life they care about.  Which, is totally at odds with what Christ taught.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree, but I don't think that makes it correct from a theological or evangelical perspective.

The sanctity of life is only one principle of evangelicalism. It's not the sole principle. Hence, I believe anybody using that as the exclusive reason to vote for someone like Trump is ignoring a lot of other core principles of the faith, particularly those that teach how to treat your fellow man and the importance of loving others as you love yourself.

If the sanctity of life is someone's trump card, so to speak, then they're casually ignoring most of the other cards in the deck. I fundamentally can't agree with it.

• Plus1 3

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Lol...gun toting right-to-lifers who support the death penalty and want to kill Pelosi and Pence?  Those bastions of sanctitude?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Interesting thought but why don't many of my fellow Christians care about things like the death penalty or those in prison? From a Christian's perspective, our own savior was killed even though he was innocent. I understand the doctrine behind his death but I find it interesting that we care so much for an unborn child but we don't for those that may of may not have committed an heinous act. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, jaws said:

Interesting thought but why don't many of my fellow Christians care about things like the death penalty or those in prison? From a Christian's perspective, our own savior was killed even though he was innocent. I understand the doctrine behind his death but I find it interesting that we care so much for an unborn child but we don't for those that may of may not have committed an heinous act. 

Heck, it's not even just people who committed heinous acts.  Look at how many of them were upset or disgusted by the protests (not riots...protests) against innocent black people being killed by police this summer.  They openly despise even the thought of Black Lives Matter.  But....praise the Lord and vote for a guy who is anything but a Christian.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Heck, it's not even just people who committed heinous acts.  Look at how many of them were upset or disgusted by the protests (not riots...protests) against innocent black people being killed by police this summer.  They openly despise even the thought of Black Lives Matter.  But....praise the Lord and vote for a guy who is anything but a Christian.

More nonsensical drivel.  

Most people I know were upset at the riots, vandalism, stealing, looting, people like David adorn getting killed, arson.  

Most people I know support black lives, black people.  I will admit they probably don’t support the BLM organization though.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

More nonsensical drivel.  

Most people I know were upset at the riots, vandalism, stealing, looting, people like David adorn getting killed, arson.  

Most people I know support black lives, black people.  I will admit they probably don’t support the BLM organization though.  

So, Republicans campaigned in 2020 on police reform so that those killings stop happening?

The Black Lives Matter organization was directly promoting change within police departments so they stopped happening.  They were not the ones that started the riots.  They are not Antifa.

But, I can honestly not think of one staunch Republican that openly supported police reform to stop the killing of black people by police.

Heck, I would be even happy if they supported reform that prevented killing of people by police of any color.  Problem is, all they cared about is making sure Blue Lives Matter was all that was important.....oh.....until January 6th.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, jaws said:

I would be willing to wager many Christians do not believe in the death penalty.  I will fully admit that I do.  And I fully admit I am a flawed person for not being able to forgive in some cases.  

People in prison?  Do you have statistics to show Christians do not care about people in prison to share?  

An unborn child is helpless and has no personal choice on whether he/she gets a chance at life.  A child rapist who murders his/her victim is not helpless and had a choice on how he/she spent that life.   

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Republicans campaigned in 2020 on police reform so that those killings stop happening?

The Black Lives Matter organization was directly promoting change within police departments so they stopped happening.  They were not the ones that started the riots.  They are not Antifa.

But, I can honestly not think of one staunch Republican that openly supported police reform to stop the killing of black people by police.

Tim Scott waves hand in the air!! 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is why I wrote "may or may not have". Meaning, that some are wrongfully imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit or the punishment didn't fit the crime. 

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would be willing to wager many Christians do not believe in the death penalty.  I will fully admit that I do.  And I fully admit I am a flawed person for not being able to forgive in some cases.  

People in prison?  Do you have statistics to show Christians do not care about people in prison to share?  

An unborn child is helpless and has no personal choice on whether he/she gets a chance at life.  A child rapist who murders his/her victim is not helpless and had a choice on how he/she spent that life.   

No I don't have any statistics, but it isn't like most evangelicals care about people in prison, prisons or prison reform. Maybe it is more anecdotal on my end. That same thing can be said about your statement about Christians that believe in the death penalty.