Spring Game

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have done both, coached on the field during the scrimmage and just called plays and let them play.  I like letting them play better but that is just me.

I think when we are talking about HS and Middle School there is no problem with having coaches on the field for their freezer pop scrimmages.

I’d much rather see the coaches on the sidelines making adjustments throughout the game with players just like they would in an actual game. 

If fitty is so worried about the coaches not coaching anyone because they aren’t  reffing then let’s just give both team unlimited timeouts to attempt to make quick fixes after big mistakes.

As for the teams, I want to see them evenly divided. Compete baby.

Edited by ScottyIce
5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I think when we are talking about HS and Middle School there is no problem with having coaches on the field for their freezer pop scrimmages.

I’d much rather see the coaches on the sidelines making adjustments throughout the game with players just like they would in an actual game. 

If fitty is so worried about the coaches not coaching anyone because they aren’t  reffing then let’s just give both team unlimited timeouts to attempt to make quick fixes after big mistakes.

I like them divided evenly too

35 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

LOL....  wow...  I said I wanted 1v1.  but when it comes to it, its practice... sad that you cant drop the fact that I flamed you in your last thread and have to carry it like a torch from thread to thread...  Maybe a girlfriend..? or knitting..??  just saying...  this thing seems to hang sadly on you...

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

LOL....  wow...  I said I wanted 1v1.  but when it comes to it, its practice... sad that you cant drop the fact that I flamed you in your last thread and have to carry it like a torch from thread to thread...  Maybe a girlfriend..? or knitting..??  just saying...  this thing seems to hang sadly on you...

I don’t even know what you’re talking about right now.

As for playing, yes. Check the record books. Look for Scott Ice, 1993.

The Spring game is a great recruiting tool for us. A solid amount of folks will show no matter what but if you want fans to pack the joint you need to provide something worth paying to see. Give them 1's against 1's, 2's against 2's,etc. or do a draft.  Glorified scout-teams getting dominated is boring. It's just a scrimmage either way but a scrimmage can have some competitive football in it. 

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, theknife said:

Do you have D1 coaching practice experience? Did you suit up as a ref/coach hybrid in front of 80k as you proposed?  No, you didn't. Does that mean your input on this matter is completely invalid? No, it doesn't.

I don't have to have a mechanical engineering degree to decide between purchasing a car with a piston engine vs. rotary engine. 

RX-7 ftw!  Man those cars were awesome!

8 hours ago, Danimal said:

The Spring game is a great recruiting tool for us. A solid amount of folks will show no matter what but if you want fans to pack the joint you need to provide something worth paying to see. Give them 1's against 1's, 2's against 2's,etc. or do a draft.  Glorified scout-teams getting dominated is boring. It's just a scrimmage either way but a scrimmage can have some competitive football in it. 

I'm not so sure. I think Frost could announce they're just going to do team drills and play patty cake for the fans and it wouldn't have much impact on attendance.