Mavric

LB Caleb Tannor [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope he tackles and pass rushes as well as he knows how to put on a Signing Day show. That was AWESOME!

Welcome to the Family Caleb Tannor! #GBR

Edited by cheekygeek

YESSSS !  This is huge.  At least we got one of our guys to get after QB !!!  Welcome to Nebraska !!

He said "Go Huskies" LOL - Aye we still got him though

Said the biggest factor was early playing time. "I can be the main guy at Nebraska" 

What a relief to not swing and miss on both. Land Washington and this day is a huge success pretty much by any measure. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

What a find by Frost!

Can anybody TL;DR how this kid even got on our radar so quickly before signing day? Reading back through this thread would take forever...

Probably knew of him previously because of connections in Georgia.  He decommitted from Georgia before the first signing period, huskers offered in late December, he visited Jan 12th and loved it.  Took other visits afterwards, but decided to be a Blackshirt!

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Probably knew of him previously because of connections in Georgia.  He decommitted from Georgia before the first signing period, huskers offered in late December, he visited Jan 12th and loved it.  Took other visits afterwards, but decided to be a Blackshirt!

Thanks for the recap!

Frost swung for the fences with guys that were unsure or wavering & hit a bunch of home runs. Very impressed by his first class. He took a very intelligent approach to crootin.

4 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Thanks for the recap!

Frost swung for the fences with guys that were unsure or wavering & hit a bunch of home runs. Very impressed by his first class. He took a very intelligent approach to crootin.

Definitely.  He went after guys that he mostly already had some relationship with, or top guys that were looking at other teams with coaching changes (along with some studs considering top programs).  The organization this staff showed over the past 2 months is amazing.  There are only a few recruits that could be considered "reaches" and even then, those guys all fit in a position of need that had to be addressed.

Edited by HS_Coach_C

Question --  We lost JJB to OSU - I was hoping for 'bookends' but it was not to be.  How does Tannor compare?  It seems like JJB was the 1st target.  I'm excited to get Tannor as he seems to have the qualities we need for a rush end or rush OLB. 

Edited by TGHusker

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Question --  We lost JJB to OSU - I was hoping for 'bookends' but it was not to be.  How does Tannor compare?  It seems like JJB was the 1st target.  I'm excited to get Tannor as he seems to have the qualities we need for a rush end or rush OLB. 

Pretty similar.  He's a great pass rusher and strong at the point of attack.  He might be more ready to go from day one than JJB.  Tannor is a little shorter than JJB and maybe not as quick, but I think he'll do well.  I think JJB's ceiling was a little higher as an OLB than Tannor's, but not by much.  With JJB now going to be a DE at Ohio State, I think his ceiling is much lower.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Also, as far as bookends go:

Guy Thomas, Pernell Jefferson, Collin Miller, etc. - we have guys that just need a chance and some coaching

Thanks HS  - good comments.  I didn't think there was a lot of difference.  I am surprised that JJB passed up the opportunity to be a OLB in Frost's aggressive D -  I thought it fit him better than DE - but we'll let OSU mismanage him.  

• Plus1 2

He's slotted in at OLB, right? 

Him and Guy Thomas rushing the passer on 3rd Downs could be awful scary.