Troy Walters: ‘No Block, No Rock’

Mavric

18 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

No, we do not need to copy anyone. Frosts offense is designed to put stress strain on the defense and catch them off guard. It uses big play ability and deep ball passing to keep the defense guessing. He runs the ball a lot, but nothing like Wisconsin. I would rather have take it to the house with tempo and score then slowly pound the rock. 

I would also rather be able to blow teams out and run an exciting offense. Wisconsin does their thing well, but the offense they run has a ceiling of points that they can score against top 50 teams. Although today they are doing well with extended time against Miami today.

Frost will build his culture where we will outwork Wisconsin and build continued success just like they do.

I corrected it for you. You have to feel it!

2 hours ago, Gage County said:

OSU leads the B1G in rushing yards per game and is 17th in the nation. How's that not ground and pound?

People assume "ground and pound" means Wisconsin. OSU and UCF use similar rushing concepts.

Oh, and Ohio State averaged 4 more rushing plays per game than UCF did, so it's not like there was a massive disparity.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:18 PM, Dogs In A Pile said:

I could be wrong but it probably has more do with the fact he and his staff took over a program that was 0-12 two years ago and went undefeated in his second season. Taking a G5 school to a New Years Day bowl with the big boys. Would you rather he come in and try to put together a bunch of strangers from scratch?

I'm ecstatic he was able to bring his entire staff including some support personnel. They will be able to hit the ground running and won't have to wait for a bunch of guys thrown together to get to know each other, gel (or start in-fighting and back stabbing as seen before) and learn the system they are going to teach.

It has been a while since we've had a truly cohesive staff IMHO and from all that we have heard these coaches work together as a unit very well and I believe the results will be seen on the field in fairly short order.

Ucf only lost one game the year before they lost all 12.  Frost did inherit a team with talent, let's not act like he was a miracle worker 

On 12/30/2017 at 1:31 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm right there with you on this.  Individually, they are a "meh" group.  But, i think together, the chemistry and amount of trust between them overcomes their collective lack of resume.  They're going to make mistakes and they'll need time to gel with their new team, but i think they'll get there in a year or two.

maybe like half gel in year one and full gel in year two.  If the trend stands we will go 8-4 next year and 12-0 the following 

20 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I disagree. Sound, not flashy football. I like it.  I’m not saying it needs to end with copying someone else’s identity, but we have to start somewhere.

and have you been to Madison? It’s like our northern twin. It’s kind of uncanny

SF has an offensive mind 3 levels above Wisconsin. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, krc1995 said:

One last time. When you “pound the rock” you control the clock. When you control the clock you keep the opponet’s offense off the field. Think about the positives of keeping Ohio State’s high scoring offense off the field. In the early rebuild- let’s say in the next two years- playing fundamentally sound football which includes effective clock management-will be the short term answer. Again, in a perfect world, we could go up tempo, slow tempo, or whatever tempo with ease but we have regressed so much in all phases game you have to start by doing one thing well and IMO that one thing is not spreading the offense but controlling the clock. 

and Wiscy did this to perfection against us. I admire their style and you betcha, I would love to see us copy it. At least in the short term.  Do the one thing we’ll and then evolve

Frost is going to be awesome. I just feel it, but to think he’s going to come and dictate to the B1G is naive and not realistic. He’s much smarter than that. 

You have a very short term memory or aren't old enough to remember what happened when NU had that mentality back in the day against teams that were more talented.  I will take my chances with what SF come up with and SF is to smart to copy Wisc.

1 hour ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Ucf only lost one game the year before they lost all 12.  Frost did inherit a team with talent, let's not act like he was a miracle worker 

Your right most coaches could have done that -  can't believe he fooled all those voters.  Not us NU fans thou......

14 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

You have a very short term memory or aren't old enough to remember what happened when NU had that mentality back in the day against teams that were more talented.  I will take my chances with what SF come up with and SF is to smart to copy Wisc.

I am old enough to remember winning natty’s and conference championships.  Is that old enough for you?