Trump is Racist

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

You know they're going to try to make immigration and stoking racial tensions the cornerstone of their re-election campaign.

This election has to be a referendum on the character of the man holding the office, or I fear we'll get another 4 years of Trump but emboldened by another victory.

yes, Trump will use "fear of the Brown Man' as the topic as previous politicians from other generations made it about 'fear of the Chinese immigrant  or fear of the Irish immigrant.  etc

Scum practices continue to be used by scum politicians because there just enough scum believing ignorant voters out there to make it work for them.

• Haha 1
On 7/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, BigRedBuster said:

That was a truly amazing post.  I think it goes into the HB Hall of Fame. 

A blank post that tells us we need to clean the slate of Trump and this admin.   Good job  BRB:thumbs:D  

That is what you were thinking correct.....

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think the reason there is a hesitation is because - we haven't seen 'this" before in our presidents.  It is the "Did I just see what I thought I saw' type of feeling because we didn't expect to see that thing in that place or situation.   Well, we don't expect our president to be the 'racist in chief'   We expect the president to inspire us to higher ideals.  But we've seen enough to know the truth. He is a racist,  Too many examples, two many opportunities for him to show us otherwise.  His natural internal tendency as shown in his outward actions and words draws us to this only conclusion. 

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You know they're going to try to make immigration and stoking racial tensions the cornerstone of their re-election campaign.

This election has to be a referendum on the character of the man holding the office, or I fear we'll get another 4 years of Trump but emboldened by another victory.

I think making the election all about Trump is a bad idea. There needs to be something worth voting for and not just against.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think making the election all about Trump is a bad idea. There needs to be something worth voting for and not just against. 

We see this differently. The thing worth voting for is halting the utter corruption and destruction of our government, because if it continues unabated it's going to take a lot longer to undo the damage.

No excuse to not go vote, regardless who is on the ticket. The rest of the stuff is just gravy.

Although I get your point. In the past I've pointed to the fact that Berlusconi, who lost in Italy only twice to technocrats who focused on policy, I'm torn on the right approach. Focus on policy could be a positive but IMO a majority of folks don't really care to get down in the policy weeds too much and vote on things like charisma and who they'd like to grab a beer with. Also, if one supports impeaching Trump, they should naturally also support rolling that over into a central tenet of the case against him in 2020.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

We see this differently. The thing worth voting for is halting the utter corruption and destruction of our government, because if it continues unabated it's going to take a lot longer to undo the damage.

No excuse to not go vote, regardless who is on the ticket. The rest of the stuff is just gravy.

Although I get your point. In the past I've pointed to the fact that Berlusconi, who lost in Italy only twice to technocrats who focused on policy, I'm torn on the right approach. Focus on policy could be a positive but IMO a majority of folks don't really care to get down in the policy weeds too much and vote on things like charisma and who they'd like to grab a beer with. Also, if one supports impeaching Trump, they should naturally also support rolling that over into a central tenet of the case against him in 2020.

I gotta agree with @RedDenver on this one.  There needs to be a heavy dose of "Trump is bad" because that's what we have experienced for the last 2.5 years.  BUT....the Dems have got to come out with viable policies that are going to make people (not just die in the wool Dems) vote for them.  

If all they do is complain about Trump, it plays right into his planned strategy of saying the Dems only hate him and don't have any ideas.

• Plus1 1

There is a Twitter thread somewhere talking about this.  I’ll have to look for it after work.

But it was done by a guy who was involved with two campaigns against David Duke in Louisiana. Basically what they found was their turnout improved by leaps and bounds when ficusing on how horrible of a person Duke was versus focusing on policy.  He had good numbers and reasoning to back his claim.  Worth reading if you can find it; it has been Retweeted by a lot of folks.

38 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There is a Twitter thread somewhere talking about this.  I’ll have to look for it after work.

But it was done by a guy who was involved with two campaigns against David Duke in Louisiana. Basically what they found was their turnout improved by leaps and bounds when ficusing on how horrible of a person Duke was versus focusing on policy.  He had good numbers and reasoning to back his claim.  Worth reading if you can find it; it has been Retweeted by a lot of folks.

Don't get me wrong.  The case for how disgusting of a human Trump is, needs to be laid out for the American people.  

But....then they also need to have sound policies to offer.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don't get me wrong.  The case for how disgusting of a human Trump is, needs to be laid out for the American people.  

But....then they also need to have sound policies to offer.

Well yeah, but no matter what their policies are they're going to be undercut by people who want to see Trump re-elected claiming all Democrats do is hate Trump.

Another test case of what funhusker was talking about was Senator Doug Jones of Alabama. A Democrat didn't win stateside in Alabama on the strength of their policies. He won because his opponent was a dumpster fire pedophile and his policies were tolerable that enough people with no love for Democrats held their nose and voted against his opponent.

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

@Danny Bateman @BigRedBuster

https://mobile.twitter.com/timjacobwise/status/1152930670093787141

the thread I mentioned earlier.  Lays out the reasoning pretty well.

Wow I finally took time to read it all and that thread is really something.

It had the intended effect, on me, at least. I feel a renewed sense of excitement and civic patriotic duty to get this menace out of the White House next year.

The interesting thing is that the campaign his advice most closely reminds me of is Biden's...

14 hours ago, funhusker said:

@Danny Bateman @BigRedBuster

https://mobile.twitter.com/timjacobwise/status/1152930670093787141

the thread I mentioned earlier.  Lays out the reasoning pretty well.

Interesting thread.

I'll stand by my statement that the disgusting and illegal acts of Trump need to be laid out to the American people.  However, they also need to have sound policy that will appeal to a large percentage of the American people.

• Plus1 1