Parkland, FL High School Shooting

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who is running? Read about Margaret Sanger and her involvement in eugenics. Why do you think Planned Parenthood clinics are overwhelmingly in minority communities? Why do you think they do almost no adoption referrals?

Because 1) They make millions of dollars from abortions and 2) At their core, they want to call what they see as undesirables. The rest of us call them minorities.

Can't believe you are allowed to teach. Seriously. 

Here's your homework for the day: think of a different explanation for the questions you pose. 

• Plus1 2

As if on cue, a great editorial detailing the rationale behind the construction of the Second Amendment and what a “well-regulated militia” truly meant. Shockingly, it’s nothing close to Ric Flair’s alternative version of history.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/second-amendment-ratified-preserve-slavery/#.WpBRiFNh5SQ.facebook

Bonus: it cites various law reviews and discussions which occurred during the framing of the Constituition, and it was these discussions which helped form the basis for the 1939 U.S. Supreme Court case United States v. Miller. 307 U.S. 174.

This was the precedent that was used to reaffirm the true scope of the second amendment until activist Supreme Court judges like Alito discarded precedent in 2008. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This forum could use a little more push from the right.

And then run away like a coward.

Obviously a fair number of Husker fans lean conservative.

Obviously it's few and far between they post in the political forum.  Sure, a few posts here and there.

But look at the responses to them.

A curious feature of the modern American Right is that, despite the brutal policies they support, excuse, or advocate, and despite the sneering language they reserve for the libtard propagandists and snowflakes out there, they are in their own final analysis always the victims and the persecuted. No matter the forum.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Obviously it's few and far between they post in the political forum.  Sure, a few posts here and there.

The responses to Ric have been wholly deserved, and there have been plenty in this topic arguing with him who also lean conservative.

• Plus1 4

Just now, TheSker said:

A fair number of the posters in this political forum lean conservative, too. But  maybe it's not so obvious.

Because as soon as these conservatives and Republicans and Libertarians express disgust over Donald Trump, or complain that one-time conservative values have been hijacked by partisan obsessives, they get lumped in as knee-jerk liberals, and the "responses to them" show no more open-mindedness that what you appear to be complaining about. 

The reason it's hard to defend Trump, his administration and spokespeople, and many of the right wing talking points is because they are wrong on so many moral and logical levels. I think that's starting to tire out all but the most deluded true believers.

Anyone who wants to challenge some convenient liberal myths -- jump on in. I'll join you. But if your logic is shot down by tons of evidence to the contrary, it's not necessarily because you're a victim of liberal groupthink. You may just be wrong.

• Plus1 9

Yes, exactly. A lot of the most frequent posters here are quite conservative, though it may not be obvious. I'd be hopeful if their views shaped a new American conservatism in the years to come. I'd venture to say this board is more receptive to conservative ideas than liberal, though I wouldn't have figured this not too long ago. But conservative is not the same as the modern GOP, and that's a big difference.

The slave patrol history of the 2nd amendment called to mind another thing: Section 2, Article 1, as it still appears:

3: Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.2  

It's a good thing we have amendments.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Yes, exactly. A lot of the most frequent posters here are quite conservative, though it may not be obvious. I'd be hopeful if their views shaped a new American conservatism in the years to come. I'd venture to say this board is more receptive to conservative ideas than liberal, though I wouldn't have figured this not too long ago. But conservative is not the same as the modern GOP, and that's a big difference.

The slave patrol history of the 2nd amendment called to mind another thing: Section 2, Article 1, as it still appears:

3: Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.2  

A good example of why it's just plain silly to be a constitutional purist.

Edited by Moiraine
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Planned Parenthood is based on eugenics and abortion for profit. Anything that drives more pregnancies that they can then work to terminate is in their financial interest.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Planned Parenthood is based on eugenics and abortion for profit. Anything that drives more pregnancies that they can then work to terminate is in their financial interest.

No.  You are stating talking points from some conservative propaganda - not facts.  And later we can discuss on an appropriate thread.  

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, zoogs said:

That’s blasphemy I tell you ! The sacred words of the constitution must remain unchanged and strictly abided by, word for word , until the end of time . 

:sarcasm

Edited by Big Red 40

38 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A fair number of the posters in this political forum lean conservative, too. But  maybe it's not so obvious.

That could be.  I honestly don't know.

When you referred to a little more from the right being good for the forum, it's what came to mind.

There are a few (as in a couple dozen) posters who have the vast majority of posts in this thread.

Part of the reason I personally read it is because I'm interested in what others think.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

I think you'd be surprised to know that the majority of people posting here would not call themselves liberal or a democrat.  There's only two or three of us that proudly state that we are both.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Yeah, I see lots of conservatives posting here. 

LOL

39 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

No.  You are stating talking points from some conservative propaganda - not facts.  And later we can discuss on an appropriate thread.  

Then prove me wrong.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I see lots of conservatives posting here. 

LOL

Then prove me wrong.

See the abortion thread, as the discussion is inappropriate to continue here.  I just posted a lengthy text and references.

Edited by NM11046