Russia

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Being in the Russian brass is a very dangerous job. Be it a Ukrainian missile or a fourth story assault window.

In russia you can't even take out a life insurance policy that includes "window falling" as the cause of death.

I am like Yakoff Smirnoff!  

• Oh Yeah! 3

Another one bites the dust :yeah

As all of the J6 "hostages' have found out - Trump is on the same path but not to the same degree -  he neither supports those he inspired to riot to insurrection and he denounces those who don't go far enough in their support of him.  Imagine if he got a 2nd term.  He may learn that the Putin tactics work better at silencing his critics. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/5/2024 at 11:08 AM, TGHusker said:

Putin next??  The Ukrainians are getting pretty skilled at targeting the right people.  

Ya, in case anyone wasn't aware, the guy they're saying who got killed is the 3rd most powerful person in the Russian military, behind Putin and Shoigu.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The head of Putin's favorite newspaper was found dead recently too, also young. Are these Putin's doing because their reporting fell out of favor, or his Russian enemies' doing?

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

What has happened to the life expectancy the last few years in Russia?  Has it dropped by several years?

I think it was low to begin with.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Ya, in case anyone wasn't aware, the guy they're saying who got killed is the 3rd most powerful person in the Russian military, behind Putin and Shoigu.

The rumor that Gerasimov was killed started on a Telegram channel and the post has since been deleted.  Visegrad ran with the story prematurely and as a source has really dropped the ball a lot lately.  Unfortunately, I don't think he's dead yet but I'd love to be wrong.

44 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The rumor that Gerasimov was killed started on a Telegram channel and the post has since been deleted.  Visegrad ran with the story prematurely and as a source has really dropped the ball a lot lately.  Unfortunately, I don't think he's dead yet but I'd love to be wrong.

gotcha