2018-2019 Season Notes

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I remember before the season, Miles lamenting the fact that the team had very little depth. It's hard to say if it would have changed anything, but Miles had more depth on his bench than he though. Borchardt, Harris (mono notwithstanding) and Thor all probably could have/should have gotten more time in the early parts of the season, which would have left some of the tire treads on the starters.

Miles should have managed his roster better and had more depth available. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Jacobson would have helped more than Morrow.

Wouldn't he have been graduated by now, though? 

EDIT: No, you are absolutely right. I thought he was a year ahead of Morrow, and would have graduated last year had he stayed. And yes, I would rather have had him stay than Morrow, if forced to choose. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Morrow would have certainly helped, as would Xavier Johnson. 

So would adding a quality true center when you knew Jordy was, at least considering, transfering. Wouldn't leave us relying on a former walk-on (thank goodness for his improvement/effort) and a TrFr who I believe will be good but has no business playing this year. 

That's just the latest example. 

I'm terrified for the big man depth Tim has failed to build, which has been a long time problem. Next year we are currently going into the year with Roby and Heiman as the only dudes over 6'7 with no commits currently coming in over that mark. 

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

So would adding a quality true center when you knew Jordy was, at least considering, transfering. Wouldn't leave us relying on a former walk-on (thank goodness for his improvement/effort) and a TrFr who I believe will be good but has no business playing this year. 

That's just the latest example. 

I'm terrified for the big man depth Tim has failed to build, which has been a long time problem. Next year we are currently going into the year with Roby and Heiman as the only dudes over 6'7 with no commits currently coming in over that mark. 

6'11" 240 Juco from Iowa Western.  Seems to a big body.  Other than that I know nothing.

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Wouldn't he have been graduated by now, though? 

EDIT: No, you are absolutely right. I thought he was a year ahead of Morrow, and would have graduated last year had he stayed. And yes, I would rather have had him stay than Morrow, if forced to choose. 

They were both in the same class as Watson so they'd be seniors this year.  Instead they are fourth year juniors at ISU & Marquette after sitting out last year as transfers.