WR Marcus Fleming

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fleming commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

This kid would be the fastest guy in every game he plays in. Puts up numbers against top competitors in FL. These are the types of players you need to give yourself a chance against the OSU/Clemson/LSU type scondaries. It also is the type of "oh ****" talent that causes nightmares for teams in our division.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Nebraska Fans:

Our WR aren't good enough to get open

Also Nebraska Fans:

This kid is very agile and fast, but isn't tall enough 

I will admit I fall into this trap myself.  Maybe I am a little jaded because of what we thought we were going to get out of Woodyard and Williams, even though its hard to tell if Williams is open or not because Martinez seems to only look for JD or Wandale (if playing).  Maybe I am thinking if we would have bigger body guys they would be easier to see in this Zone that keeps kicking our a$$, of course Martinez deserved some heat on this.  I guess if we get a little of both, speed guys and bigger bodies, it would be the best of both worlds.   Additionally, once the line gets better and running is more consistent, receivers will have a better chance of getting open.

43 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I will admit I fall into this trap myself.  Maybe I am a little jaded because of what we thought we were going to get out of Woodyard and Williams, even though its hard to tell if Williams is open or not because Martinez seems to only look for JD or Wandale (if playing).  Maybe I am thinking if we would have bigger body guys they would be easier to see in this Zone that keeps kicking our a$$, of course Martinez deserved some heat on this.  I guess if we get a little of both, speed guys and bigger bodies, it would be the best of both worlds.   Additionally, once the line gets better and running is more consistent, receivers will have a better chance of getting open.

I hear you and that is why I get so frustrated that we don't look for our big TEs more often. We are getting Betts who is 6'2 (if qualifies) and we will get a juco as well. Frost is also in on a grad transfer who is listed as 6'2

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I hear you and that is why I get so frustrated that we don't look for our big TEs more often. We are getting Betts who is 6'2 (if qualifies) and we will get a juco as well. Frost is also in on a grad transfer who is listed as 6'2

Still need time to throw and TEs need more time to get open.  You also need speed on the outsides to open up the middle.  The line did a better job on Sat., but they have not most of this season.   We need more talent and playmakers in several positions.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Still need time to throw and TEs need more time to get open.  You also need speed on the outsides to open up the middle.  The line did a better job on Sat., but they have not most of this season.   We need more talent and playmakers in several positions.

QB also has to make quicker decisions. I think the line has been blamed too much IMO. I get they are not great but overstated. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
50 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I'm with you, I hope the 4 stars means the kid can play along with being fast.  This is part of building depth overtime, so we can have multiple guys with talent stressing the defense we have  enough players so that its not incoming freshman that we are relying on for the help, and to allow for a few misses along the way.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, BIG ERN said:

QB also has to make quicker decisions. I think the line has been blamed too much IMO. I get they are not great but overstated. 

I can see the field really well were I sit at the games and our OL flat out misses assignments.  I love when fans bitch about the big sack on Martinez.  He never had a chance because Hixon wiffed his block and he could not get out of the tackle box to throw the ball away.  He is lucky he did not fumble when Jaimes did even touch his guy from the blind side on 2 other occasions.  The line is bad because of youth and games playing out of position.  Martinez does not trust them and I can not blame him.  Next year, Farnick will get to move inside,  the rest of the line will have 1 year of experience and Hixon will very seldom see the field! 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We need speed & size added to our WR stable.  And we need more than 1 wide receiver/play maker.   This would be a needed addition

Yes. Size would be nice. But if we had 3 JD's running around out there with the ability to catch and get open we would be fine. Better if had a big guy or 2. But if we had 3-4 JD's I would be fine with that too.

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes. Size would be nice. But if we had 3 JD's running around out there with the ability to catch and get open we would be fine. Better if had a big guy or 2. But if we had 3-4 JD's I would be fine with that too.

Just watch the Chiefs tonight and see how dangerous having two-three lightning fast receivers is.  Use them properly, have a QB that can scan the field and give him time.  Recipe for success 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric pinned this topic