B1G Week 1

Mavric

56 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Common sense would say that Thorson's not 100% coming back from his knee injury and they were trying to spare him reps? Not sure, that was weird.

Didn't watch the game through its entirety (was switching from the 4 games) so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but the announcers talked about it a couple times 

Minnesota - NMSU

Who thought yellow font on a white shirt was a good idea? They won't have to worry about playing for the names on the back of the shirt because no one can see them. I don't know if this is like past Minnesota teams that romp on cupcakes before being exposed or not. NMSU is really, really terrible and tired so hard to get a gauge but I felt Minnesota was sharper than last year. They still looked like they'd be fighting for the bottom, in comparison to what we saw in NW/Purdue.

That leads to QB play. Impressed that a frosh had that much command of the offense, but unimpressed with him physically. Threw a weak and wobbly ball. I don't think he has a weak arm, just poor mechanics and lacks any lower foundation with which to throw from. Really struggled on the deep throw, nowhere close on those. Biggest flaw, but most easily corrected, is he stared down receivers to the point he literally waited for them to get open. No progression whatsoever. Worked last night, but all these things combined would produce a pick machine come conference play.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, brophog said:

Minnesota - NMSU

Who thought yellow font on a white shirt was a good idea? They won't have to worry about playing for the names on the back of the shirt because no one can see them.

THEY HAVE OVER 100 DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS NOW AND IMO, THEY ALL LOOKS PRETTY s#!tTY

MSU once again reminding me why I’m never scared of them and always think we have a very good chance of beating them.

I hate games like this where I feel conflicted. I love cheering on the underdog but I don’t want MSU to make our conference look bad. My heart wants Utah State to win but my brain wants MSU.

• Plus1 1