B1G Week 1

Mavric

Watching Maryland Texas game. A true freshman has both Maryland’s TDs and on the 2nd one he was coasting into the endzone and for the last 15-20 yards he taunted a Texas player by slowing down and staring at him. They threw a flag and it would’ve taken away the TD but the refs ended up picking the flag up.

IMO it was probably worthy of a flag but the rule is so stupid the refs used common sense. I think the celebration rule should go away. A more logical punishment is to push the defense back 15 yards on the next drive (instead of just moving the kickoff 15 yards).

• Plus1 2

52 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maryland fans just started chanting the dumbest chant in sports; “Overrated.”

I guess when your team sucks you don’t understand things like, it’s good to beat good teams. If they’re really overrated it means your victory didn’t mean s#!t.

But they are chanting the truth.  Texas has been on a worse slide then we have and yet they seem to find themselves rated. 

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

I cant figure out what the problem with Texas is, they seemingly have every advantage, money, great recruiting area, size. At this point I'm thinking it's something or someone embedded in the current culture of that program as there is nothing else tangible I can put my finger on.

Arrogant players playing for an arrogant team in an arrogant state

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Michiganball said:

I cant figure out what the problem with Texas is, they seemingly have every advantage, money, great recruiting area, size. At this point I'm thinking it's something or someone embedded in the current culture of that program as there is nothing else tangible I can put my finger on.

They've sucked since CU, Mizzu, and Nebraska left the conference.