Mikale Wilbon

ADS

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

But do you think stats have real significance here? I understand the case for Bryant. I won't argue that. But when it comes to Wilbon and Bradley, I just don't see how anyone can put them ahead of Devine.

You said something earlier about 'only having them ahead because that's what they want to see.'  That seems to be the case with you and Ozigbo.

I've stated this several times, both those other backs did more with the opportunities they've had than Ozigbo did.  That's why people have them ahead of Ozigbo.  You can disagree but to say you "don't see how anyone can put them ahead of Devine" kind of shows that you're not really seeing the whole picture yourself.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You said something earlier about 'only having them ahead because that's what they want to see.'  That seems to be the case with you and Ozigbo.

I've stated this several times, both those other backs did more with the opportunities they've had than Ozigbo did.  That's why people have them ahead of Ozigbo.  You can disagree but to say you "don't see how anyone can put them ahead of Devine" kind of shows that you're not really seeing the whole picture yourself.

Jaylin had 24 carries last year Mav. Putting Jaylin ahead of anyone is a stretch. Ozigbo had 41 more carries than Wilbon in 2017. Ozigbo had three straight 100 yard games, and one being against Wisconsin. Ozigbo also has a career total of 264 carries, compared to Wilbon's 112.

Ozigbo had a season long run of 28 yards in 2017. Wilbon's was 25. In Devine's second year, he ran the ball 97 times, with an average of 4.2 yards a carry and 5 touchdowns. That same year Wilbon had 15 carries, and averaged 5.9 per. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Jaylin had 24 carries last year Mav. Putting Jaylin ahead of anyone is a stretch. Ozigbo had 41 more carries than Wilbon in 2017. Ozigbo had three straight 100 yard games, and one being against Wisconsin. Ozigbo also has a career total of 264 carries, compared to Wilbon's 112.

Ozigbo had a season long run of 28 yards in 2017. Wilbon's was 25. In Devine's second year, he ran the ball 97 times, with an average of 4.2 yards a carry and 5 touchdowns. That same year Wilbon had 15 carries, and averaged 5.9 per. 

Pretty much everything you said has to do with having more opportunity, not being more productive with the opportunities you have.  Except for the part at the end where you admit that Wilbon was nearly 50% more effective with the carries he got in 2017.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much everything you said has to do with having more opportunity, not being more productive with the opportunities you have.  Except for the part at the end where you admit that Wilbon was nearly 50% more effective with the carries he got in 2017.

I understand that, but it wasn't like Wilbon was setting the world on fire with his stats, or was so obviously better. It is much easier to spell the man, than it is to be the man. His yards per would've dipped with the more carries he got. Devine's 2nd year is pretty much the same as Wilbon's 2017 stats. 24 carries by Bradley is just not enough to put him ahead. "Flashing" once or twice means nothing.  

We will agree to disagree. I just want to finish this out by saying that don't sleep on Devine. He will not go out without a fight. I don't think the other two we mentioned are good enough to keep him down.

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

His yards per would've dipped with the more carries he got.

Do you have any justification whatsoever for that statement? Wilbon also averaged an extra 1.7 YPC over Ozigbo in 2016.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Toe said:

Do you have any justification whatsoever for that statement? Wilbon also averaged an extra 1.7 YPC over Ozigbo in 2016.

Common sense? a 6 yard average is pretty elite, and to consider Mikale staying near that range is unlikely. Considering that Rex in 2011 ran the ball 284 times with a 4.8 per average. Ameer in his last year had 6.1 yards per with 264 carries. Plus, you're comparing 15 carries to 97.

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

Common sense? a 6 yard average is pretty elite. Considering that Rex in 2011 ran the ball 284 times with a 4.8 per average. Ameer in his last year had 6.1 yards per with 264 carries. Any more questions?

Testy today aren't we?

2 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Common sense? a 6 yard average is pretty elite. Considering that Rex in 2011 ran the ball 284 times with a 4.8 per average. Ameer in his last year had 6.1 yards per with 264 carries. Any more questions?

So he is "elite" and that's not enough to go above DO?