The Trump Economy

More bad news for Trump. Approval rating of 39% which I believe is the worst approval rating of an incumbent president EVER! And Biden is increasing his lead every week with some of the polls now showing him with a 15 point lead. November cant get here soon enough!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QMany said:

This is gonna get worse I think. I think we’re at the edge of a cliff right now (in general, not just the stock market) especially since the GOP thinks we don’t need another stimulus package or that there isn’t enough evidence for one yet. They’re being reactionary instead of preventative. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m old enough to remember when Trump and his worshipers said...”we support legal immigration. We only want to stop illegal immigration”. 

Really makes you wonder why he's doing this, doesn't it? His own properties rely on immigrants (often illegal immigrants), as does a great deal of America, but he keeps trying to stop them from entering the country.

This doesn't help the economy. So... what's his motivation?

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Really makes you wonder why he's doing this, doesn't it? His own properties rely on immigrants (often illegal immigrants), as does a great deal of America, but he keeps trying to stop them from entering the country.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/compare/party-affiliation/by/state/among/immigrant-status/immigrants/

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's nothing more than playing to his racist xenophobic base.  It's all he has now.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

BRB asked why Donnie might be trying to curtail all immigration. The link I provided shows party affiliation of immigrants. Thought it might play a part.

image.png.c83c634deba3c854d1a3332a06ea81ea.png

I doubt this is the reason, at least not for Donald Trump. These folks wouldn't be able to gain citizenship in time to affect the outcome of the 2020 election.

What denying them entry into America right now would do is damage the economy, which is counterproductive to his reelection efforts.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I doubt this is the reason, at least not for Donald Trump. These folks wouldn't be able to gain citizenship in time to affect the outcome of the 2020 election.

But, his base is convinced that all these millions of immigrants (legal and illegal) are all rushing to the polls and voting illegally.

What denying them entry into America right now would do is damage the economy, which is counterproductive to his reelection efforts.

But, the opposite is actually true.  It will actually damage the economy.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, the opposite is actually true.  It will actually damage the economy.

BRB, I think you misread what knap wrote as you are both saying the same thing.