Final Vote - who takes the 1st snap at QB?

Who takes the 1st snap at QB?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the 1st snap at QB?

• Tristan Gebbia
    • Adrian Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2018 at 04:59 AM

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Come on... it's either frings or fries. Anyone who chooses just the rings and ignores those crisp, decadent crinkle fries is a traitor.

#FireScoFro

Frings are a good option, but they don't give you enough onion rings.  My go-to move is to go with the Onion Rings and then snag a couple fries off my wife's or kids' tray. #frythief

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Well, all I know is, everyone who voted for Gebbia is really attached to their choice and is going to throw a massive tantrum if it doesn't happen. Like... it'll be obscene. I mean, it's not a vote - it's a demand.

Honestly, I think we're good either way. When was the last time you could say that? I know they don't have game time experience but to hear this staff say they could go with either guy? That's an awesome problem to have.

Here's my Bo impersonation though... "At the end of the day..."

giphy.gif.2eb490ddefa0f1e7cc1b47fd0b3437da.gif

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

The question is not "Would Scott Frost order Frings?" It is: "Which of the Frings will be Scott Frost's first bite: Fry or Onion Ring?"

If we're up by 28 points against Akron in the 1st quarter, would anyone notice if he stepped out and into a press box with a bag of Runza food? Who would be the acting HC at that point???

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Please let us know which 40 times you're looking at.

I may be wrong but I thought I overheard on Early Break with Sip & Jake that Martinez' 40 time was recorded when he had a banged up ankle. I made a joke that he slipped during his 40 time when that might not be all that far from the truth. 

We all saw the speed difference during the spring game. I rely on my eyes and unless they deceived me, AM looked noticably faster than Gebbia. Not sure if it's even worth arguing over considering HCSF clearly told the media that AM is the better runner of the two :dunno

9 minutes ago, FTW said:

I may be wrong but I thought I overheard on Early Break with Sip & Jake that Martinez' 40 time was recorded when he had a banged up ankle. I made a joke that he slipped during his 40 time when that might not be all that far from the truth. 

We all saw the speed difference during the spring game. I rely on my eyes and unless they deceived me, AM looked noticably faster than Gebbia. Not sure if it's even worth arguing over considering HCSF clearly told the media that AM is the better runner of the two :dunno

And multiple players have talked about how fast he is and not a single one about Gebbia’s speed. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

And multiple players have talked about how fast he is and not a single one about Gebbia’s speed. 

And why is that, you suppose? I haven't heard any players talk about Gebbia's arm. I found it a little odd that players have come out commenting on Adrian. I thought it only happened immediately after the spring game.

Maybe I'm alone on this but I find it strange that Martinez is making numerous top 10 Freshman watchlists of the 2018 CFB season on the web. Perhaps there is an inner circle of local media who know who it is but can't say. Every tidbit dropped that I keep hearing is that it's Martinez all the way up until today's practice.

6 minutes ago, FTW said:

Maybe I'm alone on this but I find it strange that Martinez is making numerous top 10 Freshman watchlists of the 2018 CFB season on the web. Perhaps there is an inner circle of local media who know who it is but can't say. Every tidbit dropped that I keep hearing is that it's Martinez all the way up until today's practice.

Like I said I think it’ll be Martinez but I’ve always assumed most of his national buzz was based off the spring game.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Like I said I think it’ll be Martinez but I’ve always assumed most of his national buzz was based off the spring game.

Frost & Company's entire job since that Spring Game, in the wake of Martinez awesome performance, has been to keep Martinez from feeling comfortable that he was (for certain) the Number 1 and to keep the pressure on and keep him working. (Well, for that matter to keep all the QBs working.) We're likely going to need more than one, as SF said.