Official Depth Chart

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

So has there been kind of statement about the QB spot?   Just wondering if they plan to give both a fair number of snaps.  Not sure why they didn't list Bunch as #3.

Most of the depth chart is only 2-deep, so that’s why Bunch isn’t shown.  I am sure Gebbia was get some PT, but no official statement has been made. 

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So has there been kind of statement about the QB spot?   Just wondering if they plan to give both a fair number of snaps.  Not sure why they didn't list Bunch as #3.

I’m sure they’ll give them a fair # if snaps but fair might be 90% for Martinez.

They didn’t list Bunch as #3 for the same reason they didn’t list any #3s or #4s for any position unless there was a tie. Except KR and PR but for KR they’ll have 2 back there. 

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Not shocking.

A Williams just got healthy.

McQuitty missed a year.

Tyjon is heavily involved in the game plan.

-But wouldn't Aaron Williams be 1 or 2 if healthy, and not third.  Last I heard he was full go in practice.  I keep hearing he is the best all around safety on the team.

-Mcquitty played well in the spring game and seemed to be right behind Stanley in the spring.

-I have a lot of respect for Mike Williams, but I thought our WR set was going to be Morgan, Lindsey, Spielman.

I can't understand all the constant transfer and quit talk for so many non-starters who aren't crowned THE starter.   Why would Gebbia up and leave as a freshman when he's practically co-number one.   There is no "OR' which is abit odd I guess unless the coaches were not truth telling in all the suspense leading up to the depth chart release.  However, even a sprained ankle puts Gebbia on the field.   It is a rare season that we don't need atleast 2 and sometimes 3 QBs.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

-But wouldn't Aaron Williams be 1 or 2 if healthy, and not third.  Last I heard he was full go in practice.  I keep hearing he is the best all around safety on the team.

-Mcquitty played well in the spring game and seemed to be right behind Stanley in the spring.

-I have a lot of respect for Mike Williams, but I thought our WR set was going to be Morgan, Lindsey, Spielman.

Just because Aaron Williams started practicing live toward the end of fall camp doesn’t mean he is caught up. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Lindsey is a slot receiver.  He’s not strong enough to be an outside receiver. That’s why Mike Williams is the starter. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I can't understand all the constant transfer and quit talk for so many non-starters who aren't crowned THE starter.   Why would Gebbia up and leave as a freshman when he's practically co-number one.   There is no "OR' which is abit odd I guess unless the coaches were not truth telling in all the suspense leading up to the depth chart release.  However, even a sprained ankle puts Gebbia on the field.   It is a rare season that we don't need atleast 2 and sometimes 3 QBs.  

They could very well have been telling the truth but QB is not the same as the other positions. Most people believe you need to get into a rhythm at that position, not switch back and forth. Frost said himself this week he wants 1 QB because he was a QB himself and it would have made it hard to get into a flow.

Given his comments it’s not odd at all for there not to be an OR.