Official Depth Chart

I am fine with either Martinez or Gebbia as both look to be capable.   I hope Adrian is all that we all hope he can be.   We need an electric spark to ignite the team and make some big plays and help get things going in games when we are struggling.   I know we all are wishing, hoping and praying for a miraculous turn around and not having to suffer through yet another long losing season.   I am going to keep on believing until I see otherwise.

It is noteworthy that very few freshmen are among the starters so it will still be largely a Riley recruited bunch.  A QB and whole new staff, scheme and attitude will be the primary difference. 

21 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

He won't leave. He will see the field this year. But if Martinez balls out this year I could see him moving on in the off season, which would be unfortunate. 

With that said, I don't think the race is fully over. Going to be a fun season 

It should be important to note that Milton was the backup QB at the beginning of his first season under Frost. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I mentioned it in another topic somewhere, but I recently watched Frost's first game at UCF and (IIRC) they played 4 different RBs in the first 9 plays.

That all?!?... I'd like to see 8 or 9 guys carry the ball by the end of the first quarter. Nebrasketball on grass.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I am fine with either Martinez or Gebbia as both look to be capable.   I hope Adrian is all that we all hope he can be.   We need an electric spark to ignite the team and make some big plays and help get things going in games when we are struggling.   I know we all are wishing, hoping and praying for a miraculous turn around and not having to suffer through yet another long losing season.   I am going to keep on believing until I see otherwise.

It is noteworthy that very few freshmen are among the starters so it will still be largely a Riley recruited bunch.  A QB and whole new staff, scheme and attitude will be the primary difference. 

Recruiting wasn't Riley's problem. It was coaching. And there are several of Frost's recruits starting or higher on the depth chart than some players we had here last year.

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It should be important to note that Milton was the backup QB at the beginning of his first season under Frost. 

Also important to note the starting QB was a senior.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

While the offensive and defensive line positions are led by older/Riley guys, there are plenty of newcomers all over the depth chart in other positions. Frost has definitely done work to bring in more talent and create competition in his first year. 

• Plus1 1

Breon Dixon being off the depth chart in favor of Caleb Tannor is super intriguing. I wonder if that's only performance related or if there is some kind of behavioral situation at play. Good on Tannor for positioning himself for playing time after not being here in the spring.

51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Also, Washington is listed as the 3rd RB. Held did talk this week about him having a lot left to learn.

Not surprising seeing he has only been on the team for 3 weeks now and the others have had the winter, spring and summer to learn. Guessing he will see situational duty with limited set plays in the beginning of the season and his role will increase as the season progresses and he learns the system.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Breon Dixon being off the depth chart in favor of Caleb Tannor is super intriguing. I wonder if that's only performance related or if there is some kind of behavioral situation at play. Good on Tannor for positioning himself for playing time after not being here in the spring.

Dixon is small. He will have a role in the defense, but I’m not surprised Tanner is ahead of him on the depth chart. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yes, but as we've noted many times he wasn't there for spring and battled injuries in fall camp. There was not an extended QB competition at UCF like there was here. Milton got his chance due to Holman's injury, and it was a combination of the lingering effects of injury, Holman being a senior rather than a freshman you can build around and Milton's dynamic play that eventually made him the starter.

We shouldn't just give up Gebbia. Any talk of transferring is mighty premature. 

• Plus1 3

I don't think it's a trivial thing for Ozigbo to be listed as 1B.  When Frost was hired many people assumed his playing time here was effectively done as he didn't fit the offense.   Which didn't seem like an entirely crazy notion.

At the beginning of fall camp there were people predicting he would end up as low as 6th on the depth chart.

As little as a week ago there were still people insisting he was 4th string.

Goes to show how much Frost values hard work.

Adrian Martinez as QB1 is a bold and exciting move.  I just hope people will allow him to work through a few inevitable Freshman moments.

Congratulations to both of those young men.

• Plus1 7
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Recruiting wasn't Riley's problem. It was coaching. And there are several of Frost's recruits starting or higher on the depth chart than some players we had here last year.

Riley had many problems.  Coaching and recruiting were among them.

If recruiting wasn't a problem for Riley, Frost wouldn't have had to flip the roster like he did.

Riley could connect with a few big names on social media, and maybe even get a couple of campus visits.....but his results speak to his abilities.

7 minutes ago, obert1 said:

Really like seeing Jojo on there after the injury battle

+1 Super excited to see him actually have a role.  All the talk of who was left off, or not listed, it’s very intriguing to see him in line to get some snaps.