Official Depth Chart

5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I can't understand all the constant transfer and quit talk for so many non-starters who aren't crowned THE starter.   Why would Gebbia up and leave as a freshman when he's practically co-number one.   There is no "OR' which is abit odd I guess unless the coaches were not truth telling in all the suspense leading up to the depth chart release.  However, even a sprained ankle puts Gebbia on the field.   It is a rare season that we don't need atleast 2 and sometimes 3 QBs.  

+1 for the logic and truth of what you say.  And also for you saying it with a fairly short post.  :lol:

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

Breon Dixon being off the depth chart in favor of Caleb Tannor is super intriguing. I wonder if that's only performance related or if there is some kind of behavioral situation at play. Good on Tannor for positioning himself for playing time after not being here in the spring.

FWIW. Jovan Dewitt did tell all of us coaches that #34 drove him nuts in the spring during the coaches clinic. This was went he was showing clips of drills. So, for me, it's not all that surprising after hearing what he told us in attendance

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

Breon Dixon being off the depth chart in favor of Caleb Tannor is super intriguing. I wonder if that's only performance related or if there is some kind of behavioral situation at play. Good on Tannor for positioning himself for playing time after not being here in the spring.

Pure speculation here: The depth chart only has guys listed in a standard 3-4 base defense. Maybe, possibly, Breon Dixon plays heavily in a nickel or dime package though.

5 minutes ago, brophog said:

Yes, and two committee members slid in the back door late.

I'd like to see someone step up and be "the guy" but I can understand the coaches perspective. Perhaps the talent level at that spot will become of our strengths this season. I've always thought you've got to have a good 1-2 punch in the backfield versus hanging your hat on just one player.

4 minutes ago, FTW said:

I haven't had a chance to look at the depth chart completely. Has the position been renamed or is it just left off/not listed? Maybe it's a position that'll be innovated through the season.

It’s a position that is used in various formations, but I don’t know if it’s worthy of its own position on the depth chart.  Lindsey, Spielman, and Jones will all see time playing the position. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I guess you are right, in that they could line up in the slot one play and easily move into the backfield the next. 

But it isn't necessarily listed by position this way. Anderson and Snelson were both listed last year at the same WR position even though  they end up with very different roles.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't know that it's necessarily absolute.  But those two would seem to be two who would play that spot a lot.

One thing from watching UCF, Frost and Co were not afraid to get a lot of guys touches and a lot of guys involved.  I think they really like skill guys who are "swiss army knife" type guys who can motion into another spot without tipping DC's what play it is by personnel sets....Too many times, especially the past 3 years, any fan who followed NU, knew what the play was by the skill guys we had in.  Frost and Co appear to hide most of that by having skill guys who can play/fill multiple rolls and positions.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

One thing from watching UCF, Frost and Co were not afraid to get a lot of guys touches and a lot of guys involved.  I think they really like skill guys who are "swiss army knife" type guys who can motion into another spot without tipping DC's what play it is by personnel sets....Too many times, especially the past 3 years, any fan who followed NU, knew what the play was by the skill guys we had in.  Frost and Co appear to hide most of that by having skill guys who can play/fill multiple rolls and positions.

Frost’s offense is complex in that he will run similar plays out of different personnel groupings.  He wants to be able to run and pass out of 2 TE’s and 2 RB sets, just as he would with 4 WR’s and 1 RB set. That can’t be said for the offense under Riley and Langsdorf.