Akron Game Weather

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I love it...they won't play because of lightning so that the players are "safe" but they can't wait to show us how hot it is on the playing field during the game...

"Check this out guys, it is 104 outside but on the playing surface it is 116 right now, wow"

Rules are rules. The 8 mile radius is silly but Lincoln got hit pretty bad. I'm not even sure this could've been avoided. It's not often kickoff times get rearranged, either. We were simply unlucky, for the first time in school history, to have one of our football games get cancelled due to weather.

It has happened in the past to other schools. Scott Frost not only brought his entire UCF staff to Lincoln, he brought the Florida weather too. *Expletive*

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You gotta think in this day and age it wouldn't have been that hard to put everyone on notice Friday that the game may move up to 2:30pm for weather, then show it on tape delay for FSN's 7:00pm time slot l make the call at 6am, win-win for everybody.

Not as easy as you think. When there's dried ink on a dotted line with a major TV company, we have to play that game at the specific time slot. Even if they did reschedule for today, it would more than likely be delayed again. I felt conditions today would be more favorable for us to resume the game.

It's rumored that Akron charted into Eppley Airfield, and that they had no where to stay at and that WE actually backed out of playing them today.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You gotta think in this day and age it wouldn't have been that hard to put everyone on notice Friday that the game may move up to 2:30pm for weather, then show it on tape delay for FSN's 7:00pm time slot l make the call at 6am, win-win for everybody.

You're right, but reading posts like this makes my eye twitch.