Big Ten Down

The BIG finished last season on a high note winning all but one of the Bowl Games, but after 2 weeks of football one theme that is forming is that the BIG is off to a rough start.  I believe they have lost most of the intra-P5 conference games as well as Michigan losing to Notre Dame.  Purdue was beat by Eastern Michigan and Northwestern lost to Duke.  Penn State and MSU looked shaky in week 1 as well.  Wisconsin is doing the usual Wisconsin thing, and OSU is still stacked with talent, but outside of those 2 teams, I am not sure what the other top-tier teams are this year.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Northwestern isn’t a good team. I don’t know why people think they are good. Purdue seems to make mistakes to lose games, as well. You never know about Iowa until midway thru the season. 

Well Iowa and Wisconsin should be the top teams we will face in the West.  Wisconsin travels to Iowa in 2 weeks and that game could decide a lot.

All depends on the health of Martinez, but besides Ohio State I don't know where else is the for sure loss. Wisconsin? Maybe, but they haven't looked great, and I will be curious come the Wisconsin game how Nebraska has gelled together.

Michigan? They don't scare me. Northwestern and Purdue were a bit overrated coming into the year. Michigan State? TBD how good they really are. Iowa will be tough as they always seem to be, but winnable. Martinez stays healthy and I really could see Nebraska make a push to win the West. I think Nebraska surprises some people come late November when they are in serious talks of going to the B1G title game.

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The BIG continues to look down. Rutgers got killed by Kansas. Wisconsin has not looked great so far this season. MSU has been shaky. Meanwhile Indiana and Illinois are looking better than usual. 

What conference has more than 2 legit teams tho? To think 4-5 of the top 10 programs are in the big 10 might be a stretch to begin with.

Wisconsin isn’t built to blow teams out (unless bo Pelini is the opposing coach).  I do agree with MSU- I thought they’d be better but perhaps they got a little too much credit. Rutgers is essentially the Kansas of the big 10, no shock there