Tanner Farmer on Buying In

knapplc

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Not buying in and not quite getting it are 2 different things.

As far as not buying in, I don't think it would be a starter because I really don't think with expectations so low Frost would start someone that didn't.

So that maybe leaves someone on the 2nd string?

As far as not getting it, there might be a couple OL, a DB, and a LB that the light hasn't completely come on for.

You're a little off base.

As a Coach, I expect my reserves to be 100% involved in a game. So they could be completely talking about people who have 0% chance of seeing the field.

If I'm on point here, expect guys who aren't BOUGHT-IN to be left in Lincoln this weekend and us to make a big splash in Ann Arbor (if Martinez plays).

• Fire 2

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You're a little off base.

As a Coach, I expect my reserves to be 100% involved in a game. So they could be completely talking about people who have 0% chance of seeing the field.

If I'm on point here, expect guys who aren't BOUGHT-IN to be left in Lincoln this weekend and us to make a big splash in Ann Arbor (if Martinez plays).

I'm not off base.  People that have 0% chance of seeing the field are not impacting the game.  Therefore their "buy in" doesn't really matter

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm not off base.  People that have 0% chance of seeing the field are not impacting the game.  Therefore their "buy in" doesn't really matter

Its matters when it comes to practice, meetings, lifting and all the other things that go with playing football, not just the games. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It matters 100%.

The Team.

The Team.

The Team.

Not... "The ~45 guys who played on Saturday"

Edit: If scout team isn't doing there job, is that impacting our team?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

all the talk of the oline not communicating goes back to the center.  that is his job to get the calls out.  I would like to see boe wilson step it up and move farmer to C.  conrad should be a reserve.

Move Wilson to LG, Farmer to C, Farniok to RG, Conrad to RT and slide out the actual weak link of the O-line. 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree, I'm getting tired especially of the OL players talking to the press. I much preferred the days when they refused to talk and simply put their products on display on the field. Farmer may be well spoken etc. but I'd prefer their play was up to snuff and not have the sunshine blown up my back side.

Add L. Jackson, he needs to stay away from any microphone 

Just now, ScottyIce said:

Who blamed the loss on the guys who haven't bought in?

He said guys not buying in CAN be the difference between losing and winning, he didn't say they are strictly the reason.

It's certainly the difference if the people playing aren't buying in.  I doubt Mikale Wilbon has much impact.  But you have your theory.  I have mine

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

St Paul, I will humbly say, it does matter, even if the athletes do not see any action. Every player needs to be engaged in the game, calls, flow, practice meetings, meals, classes, film room, learning why things work, or why things are happening the way they are, how to evaluate a mistake, so when they get thier chance, they already recognize situations. Maybe your comment is being misunderstood, here? 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1