Purdue Post-Game Presser

Mavric

20 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't think Lamar Jackson played at all today.  

Then you weren't watching the game. He played nearly all the first half. Made a stupid holding call and gave them a first down on a play that was an interception.

42 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Why can't there be a -1 option for posts like this?

:facepalm:

You seem to have the easy solution for the penalties so why not

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Then you weren't watching the game. He played nearly all the first half. Made a stupid holding call and gave them a first down on a play that was an interception.

Sarcasm, it was sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Well we could do it your way and just accept there is nothing that can be done about these penalties. :)

Coach Frost will do things his way.  That doesn't mean no one can suggest an alternative--this is a message board after all. 

To the point about #21...I legit never saw him and usually he sticks out like a sore thumb because he's being beaten on nearly every snap.  :dunno

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well we could do it your way and just accept there is nothing that can be done about these penalties. :)

Coach Frost will do things his way.  That doesn't mean no one can suggest an alternative--this is a message board after all. 

To the point about #21...I legit never saw him and usually he sticks out like a sore thumb because he's being beaten on nearly every snap.  :dunno

I never said this whatsoever. What I said is its not as easy as just making the whole team do bearcrawls after practice. If it was that easy I'm sure the issue would have been resolved by now.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I never said this whatsoever. What I said is its not as easy as just making the whole team do bearcrawls after practice. If it was that easy I'm sure the issue would have been resolved by now.

Are you at practice every day?  Do you know for 100% what is being done to address this issue? 

My point is, probably none of us here in Messageboardville know what is being done.  And further, whatever *is* being done, if anything, clearly is NOT working.

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Are you at practice every day?  Do you know for 100% what is being done to address this issue? 

My point is, probably none of us here in Messageboardville know what is being done.  And further, whatever *is* being done, if anything, clearly is NOT working.

But your tactic will work without fail right? Because thats what you make it seem like

I think Frost is going to want those comments back when he reflects on today. 

Blaming the previous staff for current discipline issues, snarking about a certain player without saying their name, and all the while taking no blame for himself or his staff is better left to the message board warriors because it’s a bad look for one of the highest paid coaches in the Big Ten. 

I completely understand -why- he made them. He’s frustrated, he’s emotional, and he’s mad. But the time for platitudes and bravado is long gone 

It’s time for work in silence and results. From everyone. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

But your tactic will work without fail right? Because thats what you make it seem like

It couldn't hurt to try.  All I know is when teamwork is not happening, punishing the entire team is the best motivator.  

Like I said before, the best part of my suggested approach is that it puts it all on the players.  Don't commit stupid penalties, then there is no punishment.  Make stupid decisions and commit penalties, then pay the price.  You'd be amazed at how effective this type of approach truly is.  The unstated goal to this approach is, as @grandpasknee said: to get the team to self-police.  

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It couldn't hurt to try.  All I know is when teamwork is not happening, punishing the entire team is the best motivator.  

Like I said before, the best part of my suggested approach is that it puts it all on the players.  Don't commit stupid penalties, then there is no punishment.  Make stupid decisions and commit penalties, then pay the price.  You'd be amazed at how effective this type of approach truly is.  The unstated goal to this approach is, as @grandpasknee said: to get the team to self-police.  

The best part of your approach is the ncaa violations imo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

And how do you know they haven't tried it? Because its not fixed yet? What if they did try it and it hasn't worked thus far?