Purdue Post-Game Presser

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they have already done something similar. If a guy doesn't care it won't matter though. Not saying we have those guys, but we may have a few of those guys.

I doubt anything like I have suggested has been done because dumb penalties are still happening.

I am also a believer in calling out the offenders by name to the rest of the team.  For example, "Okay, everyone in the bear crawl position because (forgot the player's name who did it) hit a player who was already out of bounds."  

Into the crab walk position because so and so blocked a player in the back on a punt return.

Physical punishment, via physical training, is the greatest inducer of misery coaches and military instructors have.  

And here is the beauty of it: the players themselves are in control as to the extent of any punishment.  Do it right, there will be none...do it wrong and get hammered.  Simple yet effective.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I doubt anything like I have suggested has been done because dumb penalties are still happening.

I am also a believer in calling out the offenders by name to the rest of the team.  For example, "Okay, everyone in the bear crawl position because (forgot the player's name who did it) hit a player who was already out of bounds."  

Into the crab walk position because so and so blocked a player in the back on a punt return.

Physical punishment, via physical training, is the greatest inducer of misery coaches and military instructors have.  

And here is the beauty of it: the players themselves are in control as to the extent of any punishment.  Do it right, there will be none...do it wrong and get hammered.  Simple yet effective.

He said something that reminded me of the military experience.  I want the stupid stuff to stop.  But they have to want it to stop.  Teamwork at its basis.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

And what I'm saying is if the player making said mistakes doesn't care about the team or his teammates it won't make a difference. The military and football are different in the regard you can't really 'not give a s#!t' in the military. If the players making mistakes don't care to improve they won't. And if the punishment becomes to much they will just quit the team or transfer. Your easy fix isn't as easy as you are making it seem and like I said, I am nearly positive something of this nature has already been done.

30 minutes ago, admo said:

Media: You were there at Central Florida when it got turned around...

Frost: (interrupts) I'm not interested in Central Florida

Media: No, I'm saying, will you recognize it when you turn it around?

Frost: I won't have to, you will

That was a weird question that I couldn’t hear so thanks for transcribing. What in the world was the intended point of the question? 

14 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I like the way you think!  I mean, obviously they have to start doling out some extreme punishment to get the point across, or this sh!tshow is going to continue. 

2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Lamar needs to be an OLB or safety

Or a bench warmer ... 

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And what I'm saying is if the player making said mistakes doesn't care about the team or his teammates it won't make a difference. The military and football are different in the regard you can't really 'not give a s#!t' in the military. If the players making mistakes don't care to improve they won't. And if the punishment becomes to much they will just quit the team or transfer. Your easy fix isn't as easy as you are making it seem and like I said, I am nearly positive something of this nature has already been done.

And what I am saying is there are ways to make people who don't care, to make them suffer to the point where they voluntarily quit and leave the team.

And yes, while a college football team and a platoon in the miltary are different, there are many similarities: team/platoon cohesion, trust, teamwork, effort, and never giving up are commonalities among both settings.  Additional commonalities include group punishment and reward.

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

And what I am saying is there are ways to make people who don't care, to make them suffer to the point where they voluntarily quit and leave the team.

And yes, while a college football team and a platoon in the miltary are different, there are many similarities: team/platoon cohesion, trust, teamwork, effort, and never giving up are commonalities among both settings.  Additional commonalities include group punishment and reward.

Alright I'll let coach Frost know he is doing it wrong and you need to be hired immediately.

• Haha 1