Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

26 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Funny how you reply to someone that you want to ignore you - guess that means you enjoy typing words that have no meaning

I mean he didnt say he wants you on his ignore list, so why would he need to not type anything to you

2 hours ago, formerlybis said:

Badger fan here. Just FYI, there are two names on this questionable list that are key contributors for the Badgers - Hicks and Van Ginkel. Hicks has been a pleasant surprise in the defensive backfield this year so far in a corps that is very inexperienced except for one guy (D'Cota Dixon). Van Ginkel got hurt a couple of games ago and played only a few snaps at Iowa - he is one of the leaders and makes a lot of splash plays. There is more depth at LB than at other positions (though it's getting thinner . . .), but it's still a pretty significant loss if he's not able to go.

One more comment on another name on the list - Shaw, when healthy, would be competing for the #2 RB, but there are 2-3 nearly equal alternatives, so not much of an issue there - he hasn't played this year at all.  

Jim Leonhard said that he expects Faion Hicks to be "fine" and play through the thumb injury.  That said, I would disagree, slightly, about Hicks' performance.  Hasn't been much more than average, and he was lesser against Iowa.

Will be interesting to see Andrew Van Ginkel's status.  He was used as a 3rd down pass-rusher against Iowa and it would be encouraging to see him used in other situations, too.  He brings another gear to a group of OLBs that have struggled to generate pressure.  Of course, part of this can be attributed to an unimpressive DL.  Wisconsin ranks No. 126 in Sacks and No. 82 in yards per carry.

Personally, I see Taiwan Deal as the second-best RB on Wisconsin.  John Settle has always had great things to say about Deal, but injuries have plagued his career.  At the least, Deal is healthy in his last season and has been a valuable second-option for the Badgers.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

Jim Leonhard said that he expects Faion Hicks to be "fine" and play through the thumb injury.  That said, I would disagree, slightly, about Hicks' performance.  Hasn't been much more than average, and he was lesser against Iowa.

Will be interesting to see Andrew Van Ginkel's status.  He was used as a 3rd down pass-rusher against Iowa and it would be encouraging to see him used in other situations, too.  He brings another gear to a group of OLBs that have struggled to generate pressure.  Of course, part of this can be attributed to an unimpressive DL.  Wisconsin ranks No. 126 in Sacks and No. 82 in yards per carry.

Personally, I see Taiwan Deal as the second-best RB on Wisconsin.  John Settle has always had great things to say about Deal, but injuries have plagued his career.  At the least, Deal is healthy in his last season and has been a valuable second-option for the Badgers.

Glad that's settled. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1