Greg Bell

It stinks to lose players, but I am happy to see discontent players leave now rather than at the end of the season. We don't need negative players influencing other players, and it is a total waste to spend coaching time on a player that will leave at the end of the season if they are not contributing due to attitude.

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

He started three games, then oz got hot and was named the number 1 th outright and that is not what Bell was promised so he left. At least that’s my take. Maybe the insiders on this board know more. Also, the four game allowance might have sped things up a bit 

I'm not sure what he was promised, other than a chance to complete for playing time.  :dunno

I think what Mavric is trying to say is that Ozigbo’s stats are a tad inflated by getting the bulk of the carries against Purdue, who has a bad defense. Now, Bell could have gotten more carries against Purdue, but after he danced to the LOS on the 4th and 1, I was fine with Oz getting the bulk of the carries against Purdue. I think Bell has more talent than Oz, but he wasn’t able to figure things out after struggling against Michigan and Purdue. I’m disappointed Bell decided to bolt, but that happens sometimes. I hope Ozigbo is able to excel this season, but he’s a replacement level running back. Hopefully, Washington will get healthy, gain confidence, and build on the carries he got against Troy. 

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm not sure what he was promised, other than a chance to complete for playing time.  :dunno

I’m sure Frost and Held told Bell that there wasn’t much RB talent on the roster, so Bell would have a great shot at starting, which he did for the first 3 games. I give Ozigbo a lot of credit for cutting weight to get quicker, but I think Bell would have been the better back in the long run. It’s too bad that Bell got his feelings hurt by the demotion, and wasn’t willing to work and compete for more carries. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m sure Frost and Held told Bell that there wasn’t much RB talent on the roster, so Bell would have a great shot at starting, which he did for the first 3 games. I give Ozigbo a lot of credit for cutting weight to get quicker, but I think Bell would have been the better back in the long run. It’s too bad that Bell got his feelings hurt by the demotion, and wasn’t willing to work and compete for more carries. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Taking quotes off here because I didn’t see it, but apparently he said this during the ESPN interview 

Hmm - shame on the staff if that's the case.  That's not the message i expect from these guys.

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Hmm - shame on the staff if that's the case.  That's not the message i expect from these guys.

I’m not sure I follow.  Frost and the staff were probably being honest with Bell in that he could come in and be among the best RB’s on the roster. That isn’t a lie, especially since I don’t think anyone expected Ozigbo to get in much better shape.  IMO, Bell is as good as Ozigbo (if not better), Bell needed to give himself more time to figure out how to run at the D1 level. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell