Greg Bell

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I guess technically you're right.

He was on the field first. But he was still CO #1 so if he thought he had the position locked down, he's an idiot. Ozigbo always had the CO next to his name. Bell took the first series snaps, but if he thought he'd won the job he must have just ignored that pretty important detail.

ixtago.jpg

:D

To the rest of your post, I agree.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How do you define bust? He played in 4 games and quit as soon as someone else was named the starter.

A bust is not as good as advertised (results on the field in correlation to past results with future expectations).  Great JUCO player sharing the ball with two extra backs (and QB). 

A bust is also viewed as Tony Manderich, Ryan Leaf, and so many Husker QBs that never did anything (from Curt Dukes to Harrison).

Bell wasn't a bust IMO.  He bailed out for more PT on the field.  That's a quitter not a bust (IMHO)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
38 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Soak, Rinse, Clean, and Repeat until all of Riley’s ice cream loving cream puffs are out of here. We do not need any player that think they are above the team...I am hoping that the players that stay are 100% committed and play like they belong to husker nation.

You don't do the laundry around your house, huh? ;)  FTR, Greg Bell never met Riley.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

You don't do the laundry around your house, huh? ;)  FTR, Greg Bell never met Riley.

I am happy for you that you are able to inflate your ego by making a smarta$$ comment but the main gist of my post is that Frost needs to continue to do what he is doing to flush out the pretenders from the contenders. I am sorry you did not get that but took the opportunity to inflate your little ego.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am happy for you that you are able to inflate your ego by making a smarta$$ comment but the main gist of my post is that Frost needs to continue to do what he is doing to flush out the pretenders from the contenders. I am sorry you did not get that but took the opportunity to inflate your little ego.

Your comment was idiotic on two fronts.  I'm sorry I pointed that out and embarrassed your little ego.  Be better next time.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, drfish said:

Random thoughts 

Troy, CO, and Purdue all close to each other against the run (141, 156 and 162 rushing yards per game allowed, repectively)  MI clearly better at 86 per game. 

Bell's comments to ESPN about having "...earned the starting job and feel I have continued to work the same way but feel I am not being used to my fullest potential..." really punches the entitlement mentality card for me.  It appears to imply that once the starting position was earned, it was his and did not have to be earned each week. 

In terms of Coaching staff communication, I think they have communicated loudly and clearly, "All in, or all out.  You choose by how you practice."  

I don't care if the staff runs a bunch of players off if this is that attitude of the players that are leaving. 

Agreed.  Just because you win the starting job doesn't mean you stop progressing, if anything it means you need to push yourself to be better because the team is counting on you.

1 minute ago, SECHusker said:

Agreed.  Just because you win the starting job doesn't mean you stop progressing, if anything it means you need to push yourself to be better because the team is counting on you.

kids now days are f#&%ed up........they listen to others who don't understand competition, but feel their kids are entitled......i am glad KeShawn's kid quit last spring, he would have been another cry baby to handle!

12 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I never said that Bell’s departure was the fault of the staff.  My comment was about people in here ONLY blaming the player for leaving and asking if the coach has ANY responsibility for any of the players leaving

Not sure about players leaving.  Unsure what the staff did or didn't say or do.  I do think the staff is learning and does have some blame in the losses.  Frost has mentioned as much talking about getting better play calling on 3rd downs.

Watching game day now.  The guys are surprised we are winless, but talked about the lack of discipline, turn overs, miscues that shows how many guys are not picking up what Frost is putting down.  All of them still think Frost is the right hire.  The road to redemption is longer than I had anticipated. I'm guessing 3-5 years....

3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Your comment was idiotic on two fronts.  I'm sorry I pointed that out and embarrassed your little ego.  Be better next time.

Let's talk more about football and less about one another's egos, shall we?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
59 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There used to be a time on this board when calling players, current or former, names and attacking them would get a poster warned, suspended, or banned.  

Tell us more stories about the old days, Grandpa StPaul. :P

Really though. Fair point. Criticism of players needs to be devoid of character assassination. It can be challenging when you are criticizing team culture.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell