Greg Bell

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Talent at UCLA?  18,12,13,20,19 recruiting classes last 5 years.  They have players

What offensive system was ran before Kelly got there? They may be highly rated but do they fit the system he wants to run. What good do a bunch of highly rated guys do if they are a square peg trying to stuff into a round hole? Obsessing over just recruiting rankings without looking at all the data doesnt paint the whole picture. 

Better yet, Kelly is a more proven coach than frost. UCLA the last 5 years has way out performed Nebraska recruiting. So you could say he is a better coach with even better talent and even he is getting his doors blown off week in and week out without the "RIGHT" talent for his system. So why should we expect everything to be peachy here in lincoln. Frost is in a better conference with inferior talent to what Kelly has to work with.

• Plus1 1

You know one thing to think about with Frost's recruits leaving is there was no peer recruiting available to these new guys. Ya current players could say ya Nebraska is great here's the weight rooms, the pretty coeds, etc. No one could say, with honesty, you know Frost works our freaking tails off and it sucks, but it makes us a great team. Guys had no idea, besides what coaches told them, what to expect this year. That could play a part in this too.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

At what point is the coach even partially responsible for players transferring out?  When does it stop being about the player being a baby or a quitter or soft or lazy or a piece of s#!t or whatever else people have said so far?

When does ANY responsibility fall on a coach?

We get it bro, you’re not a fan of frost or this staff. Your deliberate contrarian points to the frost movement r loud and clear. You can go back to looking at your Pelini brothers poster in your bedroom

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

We get it bro, you’re not a fan of frost or this staff. Your deliberate contrarian points to the frost movement r loud and clear. You can go back to looking at your Pelini brothers poster in your bedroom

I am 100% in support of Frost being the coach of the Huskers.  But it doesn't make every decision he makes a perfect one.  And there should be nothing wrong with criticizing a decision.

In addition, it can't ALL be on the player every time.  At some point, something has to be the responsibility of the coach.

5 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

None of which was recruited for an up tempo system 

You do realize those rankings include defensive players too, right?

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

I don't think many people feel that way.   I HOPE not many people feel that way.  

Please people, don't feel that way.

I'd rather be 4-8 then 0-12.  But it's not like some recruit will think, "I'd sure go there if they were only 4-8".  So far our 4 losses this year look better then our last 4 losses last year.  4 losses is still 4 losses.  4-8 with a downward trajectory is worse then 0-12 with an upward trajectory.  The sight test is a better determining factor than comparing 2 really bad records.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am 100% in support of Frost being the coach of the Huskers.  But it doesn't make every decision he makes a perfect one.  And there should be nothing wrong with criticizing a decision.

In addition, it can't ALL be on the player every time.  At some point, something has to be the responsibility of the coach.

You do realize those rankings include defensive players too, right?

Did they keep the same D coordinator and all the same coaches from last year or do defensive scheme changes just happen automatically with no transition period?

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Did they keep the same D coordinator and all the same coaches from last year or do defensive scheme changes just happen automatically with no transition period?

Hey Scott, we appreciate you being a member here and all but we would really appreciate it if you focused on the game in Madison tomorrow. Thanks man! #StayFrosty

• Plus1 1

Probably had more to do with Oz being named  an outright number 1. Lots of sensitive young egos on this team AND a lot  of pressure making this team fragile. My only criticism of Frost is he needs to stop talking and making blanket accusations during his interviews. 

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell